Chapter 3: Devil's Daughter

Start from the beginning

"Goddamn bitch!" Your assailant swore, letting go of your chair to smack you across the face.

The strength sent you toppling over as he nursed his bloody hand. The chair fell at an awkward angle, and you heard the crunch and splinter of wood. You thrashed around, finding that the legs of your chair had broken away, giving you more mobility. You kicked out frantically, catching a leg on the edge of the seat. From there, you pushed up against the chair's backrest and moved enough to get your other leg on the edge.

"She's just a fucking kid—knock her unconscious, Felix!"

You pushed as hard as you could, the adrenaline helping you move past the pain in your body to slide up and off the chair.

"No...stop...!"

You heard Ded cry out, catching the burly one manhandling him. But you had yet to properly deal with your assailant, who was coming at you with the intensity of a charging bull.

Live. Fight.

They were the only two thoughts that drove you in that moment.

You reached down to grab one of the legs or, more like, scrambling to. The rope was still sitting on you, hindering your movement.

"Little devil...!"

The wooden leg felt light in your hand, felt right in your grasp. The end was splintered, sharp.

You rammed it into him.

The silence after was deafening as he wordlessly stumbled back, wide-eyed and looking down at the wooden rod that sat in the center of his chest, where blood oozed out and slowly soaked his tunic.

He fell back out of shock with Archard shouting his name and Mila gasping out in horror at the scene she had returned to.

Taking their shock as a distraction, you grabbed the other leg and hastily pulled the rope around you off, running towards where the large man had also stopped to stare in horror. You swiped at him using the end of the other chair leg, leaving behind an angry, bleeding rash on the side of his face.

"[Name]...!"

You barely registered Ded's call as you evaded the man attempting to grab you, eyes darting around in panic. Pure instinct was driving you, little calculation, and the sole dread that you and Ded would end up buried in some ditch out of the city of Libero.

"Grab her, stupid idiot!"

You jumped out of the way as the man launched himself at you, making him crash into the large cabinet behind you.

Bottles and glass crashed to the floor, and a large shard landed beside your feet. The edge was jagged and sharp enough and would be able to cut through rope easily, but you couldn't defend and free Ded at the same time.

"If there's anything in my future that can let me find a person who can give me what I want...well..."

You had to let Ded find that person.

Without further hesitation, you grabbed the shard and darted to where Ded was tied down, the glass tight within your palm, biting back a cry as it cut into your skin as it did the threads of the rope.

"What are you doing?!" He screeched. "Escape! Forget about me!"

You looked around frantically around the room to see if they would try to grab you again, finding that the woman and her husband had disappeared. They had closed the cellar doors on their leave. Only the large man you had caused to trip up and crash into the cabinet was left, rousing himself back to consciousness. The other man you had impaled was lying on the floor, bleeding out.