The Guardians 2: Chapter 02

Start from the beginning

-

Wednesday,
March 15, 2023,
10:37am.

"You.. Are not doing anything suspicious, right?" Eunjae asked me as she lightly tapped my shoulder, stopping me from walking to my locker. It's break time so I wanna put my history book to my locker.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I frowned.

"Nothing. I mean, you're that one type of person when they're curious they try to dig for informations to satisfy their curiousity, to feed their curiousity." She shrugged at the end of her sentence.

"I am that kind of person but specifically, what are you talking about?" I tilted my head.

"Just.. Don't do anything silly, okay?" She flashed me a smile before walking away but I was quick enough to stop right infront of her.

"What's wrong?" I crossed both of my arms together.

"Nothing, I just don't want you to do silly things and make yourself in danger again, risking your life like it's not a big deal. Just like what happened last year, going through the forest when you knew it's dangerous." She crossed both of her arms, imitating me.

"Why? I mean, it's so out of the blue of you to suddenly say that to me." I furrowed my eyebrows, befuddled.

"You know I care for Juri, Yena and you so much right?"

"I know.. But you just made me wonder as to why you're suddenly like this." That's when she put both her hands on my shoulders as she leaned closer.

"Take care of yourself."

"I have Wonwoo to take care of me." I tried to joke.

"Huh, not funny." She rolled her eyes.

"Listen Eunjae, don't worry about me okay? I will take care of myself, the girls can take care of their selves too. Besides, both of them got Minghao and Mingyu. You know how much Wonwoo hate it if I get sick, right?" I chuckled at the end of my sentence. She nodded her head, flashing me her smile before she walked away.

"See you later." I waved my hands even though she clearly didn't see it. She raised her hand, waving back at me.

That's kinda weird.. Why is Eunjae suddenly acting like that and said something as if I just got hurt? It's like I just got myself into trouble and hurt myself? I know she always care for us but this time..

A little weird.

-

Friday,
March 17, 2023,
09:04pm.

The other students are doing some activities meanwhile us here in the conference room waiting for the principal.. I don't know why the principal suddenly wanna have a meeting with us, The Guardians.

"What's with the sudden meeting?" Seungcheol asked all of us.

"I don't know, I hope it's not something too urgent." Mumbled Seokmin.

"What if it's a meeting about how we'll protect Chogangdaeguk once again because the principal saw from the Pearl that the Demons are gonna try to steal the Pearl again!" Soonyoung gushed with his eyes widened, scaring some of them.

"Wonwoo defeated the Demons, remember? I don't think they'll return to make another chaos and steal the Pearl." Hansol shook his head.

"That's kinda true.. But Demons are immortal. Sure, Wonwoo defeated them but that'll only make them gain more spirit and motivation to steal the Pearl. They'll learn from their mistake, grow stronger and will strike Chogangdaeguk again." Eunjae gave a timid smile after ending her remark. Everyone blinked their eyes as they went speechless.

"W-what should we do..? I don't want to fight the Demons again.. They're so ugly and creepy. And my plants are too precious to make as a weapon to attack them." Murmured Juri as she keep fiddling her fingers, we all can see how nervous she feels right now.

"I'm not gonna make you attack them alone." Minghao said to Juri, everyone faked their cough while I laughed because I found it funny.

"I don't care what it is, all I know is that I won't get involve in attacking the Demons. I'm just gonna sit and heal those who got injured." Jeonghan raised both his hands at his shoulders level as if he surrenders.

"Lucky you who got Healing." Jisoo rolled his eyes.

"Hello, Guardians." The principal greeted the moment he got in.

"So, I'm calling all of you Guardians here to have a meeting with me because I'm thinking of testing your ability." Stated the principal.

"Such as?"

"I want to see your ability on how long you can endure a fight, your ability to endure pain and even your ability to control your power." He replied.

"We'll start next week. This is because like I said before, you guys are The Guardians. All the other students make all of you as their role models. I can see that each one of you are strong on your own unique way. Right, Wonwoo?" The principal raised an eyebrow to Wonwoo.

"Huh? Yeah."

"You'll be the first one for the test."

All of them turned their heads to Wonwoo in an instant.

"Sure." He in a very calm and cool way agreed.

As expected of the strongest student ever, why would he be scared to be the first one for the test? He surely will pass and do everything very comfortably and calmly unlike the rest of us.

"Don't worry, it's nothing to be scared of. You all just focus more and use your power as usual, got it?" He stood up, waiting for our response.

"Yes~"

Soon the meeting ended. All of us went to the rooftop to spend some time together before 10pm. We always do this everyday since we don't really have much to do.

"The test sounds crazy and trepidatious!" Yelled Seungkwan.

"Chill, the principal told us that it's nothing to be scared of." Hansol uttered while frowning at Seungkwan.

"Wonwoo will be the first one, aren't you scared?" Jun queried while nudging Wonwoo.

"Why would he be scared? Those kind of things are nothing to Wonwoo hyung. He's the strongest among all of us!" Chan shouted as he pointed his hand to Wonwoo who's having a poker face right now.

"I mean, he defeated the demons and now test? Easy fizzy lemon squeezy." Yena cooed, silencing all of them.

"Stop it, guys. I literally have no idea how this test would be. I'm kind of nervous too thinking about it but since the principal himself said that we just have to use our power as usual, I don't think it's really a big deal." Said Wonwoo to all of them.

"I'm starting to think that there's something behind the test. I mean sure, the principal wanted to see how strong we are but it's just so sudden. Don't you guys think?" Eunjae asked all of them, none of them answered since all of them have blank face expressions.

"What did you saw?" Questioned Jeonghan to Eunjae, referring to Eunjae's power whether Eunjae saw something is gonna happen in the future or not.

"N-nothing." She stuttered.

-

happy birthday to jeon wonwoo! 🏹❤️