Chapter 1: Nice to meet ya!

(3rd person POV)

Aaron Hotchner asked you to stay late, but you don't know what for. You had been his babysitter for at least 3 years now and you loved Jack like a son. You and him were playing together when Aaron called. You lift the phone up to your ear and say hello.

"(Y/n), I was wondering if maybe you could come to the bureau later on today, once Jack's Aunt gets there. Come to the Bureau and ask to speak to me, then come to my office." Aaron tells you. You chuckle slightly at the tone in his voice. It concerned you, because it was the tone he used while you two were working together.

"I'll be there, mkay, bye." You smile into the phone. Aaron sighs and falls back into his chair. He pinches his temples and sighs loudly again, returning to his paperwork before he is interrupted.

"Who, needs to talk to you?" A familiar voice calls out to Hotch. As the man enters the room, Aaron's nerves seem to calm at the sight of him.

"I'm trying to fill the position that Emily left open."

"Well then... " The man trails off, looking at the files on Aaron's desk. "Call this, 'Y/N' I hear so much of."

"Already did. I told her to come to my office, so if you're still here by the time she comes, please help her a bit."

You look at the door as it unlocks by itself and Jack's Aunt enters.

"Hi (y/n)! Im here! Sorry it took so long." She apologizes. You wave at her in a dismissive manner.

"Don't worry about it. I gotta get goin' though, See ya Jack!" You say your goodbyes and walk out the door towards your car. Entering the car, you pull out your phone and call Hotch.

"Hello, this is Aaron Hotchner speaking." He hums into the phone. You both hold up a decent conversation on how Jack was today, and you could tell Hotch was already on his way home.

Once you arrive at the bureau you step out of the car and go into the building. Walking up to the front desk nervously, a pair of brown eyes watch you.

"Hello. How may I help you ma'am?" The man at the desk greets.

"Hi, I'm agent (y/n) (l/n). I'm here to talk to Aaron Hotchner." You tell him. He looks you up and down, and squints.

You and the receptionist both sit in awkward silence as he studies you, making a mental note of your "new found" appearance.

Saving you from the man another man walks up to you both. "Don't worry Stanley, this is a friend of mine."

The receptionist gives the man a strange look and looks back at you, to see that you're just as confused as him.

You nod anxiously, The man standing before you looked extremely intimidating, he looked like he was in his mid 50's to his 60's. He had dark black hair with small patches of grey showing, he must dye it. He had brown, sharp eyes, and was wearing a white button up shirt with dark blue pants and a belt.

He notices your gaze and looks down at you. "C'mon missy, I'll show you where Aaron's office is."

You blush very slightly and shake your head. "Have we met before sir?" You ask him. He nods his head and smiles.

"Well..." He trails off. "Now we have. I'm Supervisory Special Agent, David Rossi. Wonderful to meet you." His accent was thick and playful when he said who he was, making you smile.

"Walk with me." He offers a smile, leading you to his office upstairs. You follow him reluctantly, not sure where you were going.

"I'm.. (Y/N) (L/N)." You finally speak up. He nods at this information and shakes your hand as he leads you up the stairs in the bullpen.

You two arrive at his door and he stops for a second, fumbling with the keys from his pocket, attempting to unlock it. He finally opens the door for you and motions you to go into the office. "lovely art you have in here, Mr. Rossi." You compliment as you gaze around the room. He laughs.

"Please, agent Rossi or David is fine." He crosses his arms. "Mr. Rossi was my father."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

He taps his chin. "I believe Agent Hotchner has already left." He chuckles louder. "He didn't even leave me his keys. "

You facepalm and smile. "I forgot to ask him what he wanted to talk about." You begin. You continue blabbing on about different topics, how he wrote a book, how you're a big fan of his, and how you know Hotchner.

Rossi notices your blush and stares at you. Picking up on all the little details he didn't notice at first. Your beautiful (eye/color) eyes that shine in the light, your amazingly charming smile, the way you move your hands as you talk, And he loved it. He loved everything about you.

Your attention shifts to him staring at you. You snap your fingers at him, repeatedly.

He stops staring and clears his throat, standing up and pushing in his chair.

"I think Aaron went to a bar a while ago. " He muttered.

You smile at him. God, he must be as awkward as you... (YOU WERE SO WRONG ABOUT THAT (Y/N) IT'S BECAUSE HE'S A CRIMINAL MINDS CHARACTE-)

"I thought he was already on his way home." You recalled the way you heard the driving noises over the phone. "Can you please come with me? I hate going to bars alone."

He mentally punches the air in excitement.

"Shall we?" He questions, opening the door for you.

"We shall." You answer.

You walk out of his office and into the parking lot. You open your car door and head to the nearest bar, Rossi's car following behind you.

"Two (drink/name)'s please." Rossi announces to the bartender.

You look at his for a while before finally speaking up. You tap his shoulder, "David, I don't really drink that much.." You shiver, recounting what happens when you do drink.

"Are you cold?" He offers you his jacket. You push it away and decline, thanking him for the offer.

"Maybe we should just quit, it's late and I really don't want to drive home at night like this." You look up at him as he was downing his drink. He looks back down at you before his eyes run cold, locking eyes with a man behind you.

"Hey sugar." A random man walks up to you, placing a hand on your shoulder. "Wanna dance?" he smirks. 

Trying to get closer to Rossi you back away from the mans grasp and into the front of Rossi. You protest silently, "No thank you, I'm actually here with someone right now." You try to say before someone answers for you.

"She's with me." Rossi growls from behind you with darkened eyes.

He holds onto your shoulders with his hands and grips tightly, not enough to hurt you, but just enough to keep you safe.

He has a look in his eye... It's not anger or anything, but, jealousy? He must be a good actor because he was selling it like crazy.

"Can you please leave her alone." He grabs your arm and gently pushes you to the side, leaving him face to face with the man.

"Whatever. Keep your whore. "

Just with that Rossi was about to rumble with this guy, but didn't, after he felt the tug of you on his arm.

"You alright?" Rossi attempts to keep you close.

"I'm good, thank you, David." you look over at the man and see him grabbing some other lady, starting to harass her now.  "It really means a lot."

You two just laugh at the comment. 

"Wanna get outta here?"
"Let's get outta here." You and Rossi say in sync.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You plop onto your bed and start screaming into your pillow. "WHYYYYYYYYY.. "