One Bite

Chapter 1

You grow up not knowing anyone but your mum, not even your dad. Not knowing the dangers beyond your fence or what its like to be outside when it’s dark. Well that’s all about to change.

Heres a little bit about me. My name is Ella, im 17 years old and in two months ill be 18. Im 5 foot 3 and have long brown curly hair down to my chest with bright baby blue eyes. Im quite fit so my body is toned apart from my c sized chest that seems to get in the way. I exercise heaps and I also have to fly. Because im a fairy.

You could pretty much say that im a human with wings and a wand that pretty much grants me any wish with in reason. My wings have dark blue around the edges that get lighter till they are white when the touch my body and only pop out when I use magic. My wand is a purple stick pendant that hangs around my neck so when I pull it off it automatically pops into a 30 cm blue stick that sparkles.

Also my mums an Elf. She’s short like 3 foot 5. She has pointy ears and a high pitched voice. Also being an elf everyone can’t help there self’s but to love her. She protected me from everything and taught me to do everything myself like make my own cloths use whatever’s in the cub bord and make a wonderful dish and she’s done a pretty good job to keep me away from the world for 17 years.

I’ve been home schooled ever since I was five we did it online and mum helped me with everything I didn’t know before. I never asked questions about going to a normal school even though we live in a suburb with the school a few blocks away. But you could never tell that by being inside the property.

We live in a three bedroom home that’s brick. There’s is a 9 foot silver fence all around and the only way u can see outside the house is little cameras positioned outside the fence. My mother gets in and out by a tiny garage and on one of the side that’s got a thumb print were only she can use to go to the shops or work. The hose is quite big one room is mine and one is my mum the spare room is an office that I do all my school work in and behind the house there is a pool with a patio that has heaps of exercise equipment where im only aloud out when its light outside.

There is a reason why in not aloud out side at dark see there are vampires. You watch movies and see how they are immortal and live for thousands of years and stay at one age. Well that can be true but only for some. Because im a fairy I hold the key for them to live for thousands of years. Vampires have to drink a fairy dry to live for thousands of years. Though they have the normal strength like speed, man they a fast, they can jump real high and then they have super strength. I watched in TV last week how a vampire lifted a truck and threw it at another vamp that went straight though it. Though they are like the movie vamps the cant stand silver or garlic, they cry blood and the only way to fully kill a vampire is a stake though the heart or to rip off there head. But a drop of fairy blood could cure any sickness or heal them from dying.

There are only three fairies left in the world including me and the rate that vampires are changing its getting harder and harder to live for thousands of years. That’s the reason mum keeps me lock away until now.

I got accepted into GreyRockAcademy it’s a co-ed boarding school that dose year 13 to15. You only go there if you wanted to get accepted into university. The only people that attended are fairies, vampires, elves, shape shifters and mermaids. There are a few others that attended like ogres, Cyclops and the rich humans to feed the vampires. Mums on edge about it cause of the vampires and how they can kill me. But and the school they don’t tolerate death or biting unless you’re a human and that’s what your there for.    

So my mums my best friend and I cant go out side.

I walked into the dinning room and sat down while my mum made dinner. “Hay mum guess what?” I raise my voice so she can hear.

“What honey?” she poked her head around the door and looked at me with a spoon in her hand. “I was just reading the pan flip again” I wave the pan filp so she can see it. “And guess what? We can go on the beach during the day as long as we want and all you have to do is tell the teacher.” I looked down at the pan flip; I could tell that mum had a look on her face like she absolutely didn’t want me to go. “Now are you sure honey that you want to go?” she sat down at the table just by me.

“Yes mum I promise ill call you every day or when I can. You don’t need to worry about me I know the spells.” she looked at me like she was about to cry we have had this conversation too many times to count and each time she would try to convince me not to go. “Okay dear” she got up and kissed my forehead and went back to cooking.

I headed down to my room which was the first bedroom on the right. I had a nice pick duvet on a king sized bed I looked at the broachers. It didn’t explain much apart from coming home for the school holidays and that we all had assigned cabins. I didn’t want to hurt my mum but I couldn’t wait to meet new people. I got excepted half way though the year so pretty much everyone would know each other except for me and on the odd chance I kinda hoped some one else was starting at the same time. I flicked right to the back of the booklet it had all the classes there was English, maths, science, Spanish, Japanese, gym those were the normal ones but then they had witch craft and dragon flying which we suppose to be fun. I had applied to do English, maths, chemistry which was one of the sciences, dragon flying, witch craft and gym to have a mixture and I like exercise so I pick gym.

I was excited to leave tomorrow on a boat seeing that was the only way in that it said on a brochure. It had said a day to get there but then it all applies on the wether. All my bags were packed in purple suitcases against one side of my wall. My mum insists on me doing it by myself it was just too much for her.

After dinner mum and I sat on the couch eating vanilla ice-cream with canned strawberries watching a crime story on TV sometimes I think mum dose it so it changes my mind but I would love to go out and have friends. “So I guess this is really happening” she put another scop of ice-cream into her mouth and looked at me.

“Yea mum I am going to miss you though don’t forget it.” I looked at her and she looked outside it was getting dark. “Okay im going to lock the house up now” she got up and locked all the windows and the doors as well as my room and pulled down the blind. She came and sat down “You know mum when im gone you don’t have to do that anymore” I looked at her as we carried eating our ice-cream. “I know but I’ve been doing it for just about 18 years now so ill think it’s a hard thing to break” mum smiled and it looked like she was going to cry so I just left the subject.

All I could think about was friends and knowing boys and how this whole experience is going to change my life. I got up and did the dishes then got ready for bed. When I got into bed I was so excited that I thought I would never be able to sleep I rolled over and looked at the brochure one sleep and hopefully tomorrow ill be there. I rolled over taking deep breaths and finally falling asleep.