Chapter nineteen

*Kelebogile's story*

*Chapter 19*

3 years later
It has been three years and I can say that things have been good.i gave birth to our beautiful baby boy.He’s a handful,always moving around and moving things around.But I still love my boy.His father named him Siyabonga.He only has one name.i can even remember the day I gave birth.My husband couldn’t stop crying when he saw our boy.it was the happiest day of our lives.i haven’t started with work because I wanted my boy to be three.So im a housewife but now I’ve sent out cv’s as soon he’ll be three.i will look for a nanny to help with him.The girls,they are  all grown now.we stay with them full time.Even Amahle.Her mother was sentenced to 11 years in jail.Now I just dropped the kids at school and im taking lunch for my husband.He didn’t come back home because he was working late preparing for an important presentation for a tender that they are biding for.the traffic is a nightmare this morning.Finally I reach their company and go to his office.The new receptionist knows me so she just allowed me to go in.the lift stopped at his floor and I knocked but he was not opening.i could hear shuffling so I opened the door.i stood there in awe looking at my husband putting on his clothes.
Me:sorry to disturb you,I just brought food because you didn’t come back yesterday.
Mandla:babby wait.
Me:no its fine,you can continue with what you were doing.
I ran out and took my child at reception.i drove off without waiting for him.i had no tears left in me.i had no strength to freak out or do anything.i just felt tired.What am I going to do now that its like this?i have no one.i have no mother or father that I can run to.i know I have uncles but I wish my mother was alive.i have no friend anymore.All the people I call friends keep on betraying me.The only place I think of is Baba’s house(mthokozisi).Something that I will always be grateful for is my father’s brothers.They have been there for me ever since my parents died.From my siblings its only the triplets,kgaugelo,me and my twin and mangi and sipho left.A lot has happened these past three years.Natasha turned out to be Portia’s daughter and was never even in love with my brother.she burnt my parents house with my mom,sphe and dad inside.she said she was avenging  for her mother.i still haven’t recovered from the trauma that I suffered that day.
I get at my uncle’s place and luckily BUHLE is there.
Me:hey sis.
Buhle:hey,how are you?
Me:im great!
Buhle:I can see that something is wrong.what is it?out with it…
Me:is mom here?
Buhle:relax girl!she’s still at work.now tell your sister what is going on?
Me:mandla is cheating.
Buhle:mandla,mindlos man power?
Me:yes,him.
Buhle:don’t joke like that.
Me:would I be this serious?
Buhle:oh my god you are not joking?
Me:I found him today with the bitch.All this time he was working late and not coming home he was with her.
Buhle:im so sorry sis.you can cry and let it all out.
Me:im not going to cry.i cried a lot in my life.
Buhle:I can see you want to cry.
I couldn’t hold it anymore.i just burst out crying.i cried for all this time I’ve been stupid.i cried for the betrayal from my friend.
Me:im done being a nice person.From now on I have no friend.i cant believe my best friend did this to me.
Buhle: Sibaphiwe is the mistress?
Me:yes.i used to tell her everything that happens in my marriage kanti yena she has her own plans.
Buhle:hay I cant believe Mandla could do this to you.He loves you.
Me:well I saw it with my own eyes.
Buhle:talk to your husband.i don’t believe this
My phone rings and its him.i hung up.
Me:I don’t want to talk to him.
Buhle:give this phone here.
Its ringning again so I give it to her.
Buhle:hello.

Buhle:yes,we are at home.
….
Buhle:no.she’s on her way.i will make sure she comes back.
…..
Buhle:yes.alright bye.
She gives the phone to me.
Buhle:Kelebogile go home and talk to your husband.
Me:I cant face him.
Buhle:just go and hear what he has to say.let me know about everything then we will fix this.you can leave siya.
Me:no he will cry for m when he wakes up.bye.
I take my precious time driving back home.when I get there I see his car parked outside.i take it that he’s home.i park my car and take my child out.i get inside and go upstairs and put him in his room.Then I go back downstairs and I find my husband in the lounge.he looks at me and comes rushing where I am.
Mandla:babe you have been crying.you know I don’t like it when you cry.
Me:but yet you are making me cry.
Mandla:I told you to let me explain but you just ran out.
Me:what was I supposed to do?you were there with her naked.my friend!am I lacking something for you to go and sleep with my friend?
Mandla:im telling you I did not sleep with her.i promised you before we got married that I will not hurt you again and im panning on keeping that promise until I die.
Me:maybe I should also cheat then you will know how it feels like.
Mandla:are you listening to yourself!?i said im not cheating.why don’t you believe me?
Me:…..
Mandla:lets sit and talk.
I looked at him and he was sort of angry.i don’t know why he’s angry cos im the one who’s supposed to be angry.
Mandla:you know if you knew how much I love you,you would know that I will never hurt you.
Me:but you’ve hurt me before.
Mandla:and I regret it even now.i promised that we will never go back to that place.sthandwa sam ngeke ngiku yenze kanjalo.i love you too much to hurt you.i did not sleep with that woman.i long told you that she’s not a good friend.she did something to me,that’s the only way I can explain this.
Me:yo….
Mandla:listen to me while im talking.let me finish.she has always been after me.you remember that time you were in hospital whenyou lost our child?she tried kissing me and I stopped her before she could do so.
Me:and you didn’t tell me.
Mandla:I told her off and she apologised.i wanted her to be moved to a different department but the boss refused.then she resigned.i never saw her ever since then.until yesterday.she came for a meeting on behalf of the company that she now works for.i told the receptionist to order food and we ate with the people that she came with for the meeting.then from ther I don’t remember what happened..
Me:but you sent a message saying you will be late.
Mandla:you know my personal phone doesn’t have a password so its possible that she sent it.i looked at the cctv footage in my office and it doesn’t show us having sex.yes she did take off my clothes and kissed me,she also touched me but I swear nothing happened.Now im waiting for the results from the dr to hear what she drugged me with.
Me:but why would she do this to me?
My phone beeps and I check.pictures from an unknown number.i look at them and the woman’s face is hidden.huh!this woman is taking me for a ride thinking I  don’t know her plans.Then it means she didn’t see me when I was there.i dial her number and she picks  up.
Me:hi
Siba:hey friend,how are you?
Me:im good.and you?
Siba:im so tired.i had a rough night.
Me:mm I see.
Siba:my man kept me up all night.
Me:what man cos you havent told me about it?
Siba:im telling you now right?
Me:do you think im your fool?you are busy sending me nudes of you and my husband.what must I do with them?
Siba:I don’t know.its up to you.
Me:do whatever you want with those pictures until the day you die because waka monna o kase mo keree.go tla nkga go sa bola ausi.
Siba:I already got him sweety.
Me:oh get ready for jail.im sure you will be someone’s wife there.i know that you drugged him.
Siba:is that what he told you?
Me:i have a footage of everything.wherever I will see you just be careful.Nxa!
She laughs after that.
Narrated.
After the phone call Mandla left his house and drove off to Sibaphiwe’s house.when he got there it was like she was expecting him.she opened with a smile of someone who had just won the lottery.
Mandla:you know I feel like wiping that smile off your face with a fist!how dare you send those pictures to my wife?
Siba:what did you want me to do?You rejected me and im not the type to be rejected. I had to do something.
Mandla:i love my wife and I will not leave her for you or anyone else for that matter! Do you know what might happen because of your lies?
Siba:you know she's stupid. She wont leave you.
Mandla:im warning you Sibaphiwe!
Siba:vele she is stupid. What do you want me to say?
Mandla:and you're the most stupid one!
Siba:really?
Mandla:you may talk bad about her but you will never be woman enough like her! You will never have what she has. Do you think I can fall for an idiot like you when I have a smart woman at home?
Siba:oh please!dont compare me to that prostitute.
She didn’t expect it when she felt her face hot.she stood there with her mouth hanging open.
Siba:you slapped me.
Mandla:and I will do it again.talk all you want about me but never talk shit about my wife.you don’t know what she’s been through to be where she is.
Siba:your prostitute is going to know about this.you messed with the wrong woman!
Mandla:stay away from me and keep your mouth shut or you will regret iit.
He walked to the door but stopped because of what she said.
Siba:I want you to marry me. You better tell your wife and prepare yourself.im moving in soon. Or else I will get you arrested!
He walked out banging the door.After a long drive he arrived home and went to join his family in the lounge.it was now in the afternoon and they were all watching tv.Mandla was sitting holding his son.he looked at his family and he was proud of how far they've come.
Kelebogile:bab,can you please send me that footage of Sibaphiwe drugging you so that I can look at it and see if its enough evidence for us to open a case?we cant just let her get away with it,you could have died.
Mandla:uuh sweetheart I’ve decided to let it go.i warned her,told her to tell her bosses to take her off the deal.
Kele:mmh that’s better.we cant have her trying something again.
Mandla:you are right.
He couldn't tell her that he slapped her.