Chapter 8 - Saving Charlotte Part 3

A/n: I want to start by saying thanks to those who said they wanted a part three. It's honestly really inspiring and motivational to know that someone likes what you're writing. So, this chapter is for you! Happy reading!

-----

Ray crept steadily inside the unruly building. Years have passed since he's last stepped foot and called this place his home. Memories rushed through his head as he caught glimpses of what was once his hideout. Good ones that involved him and his former sidekick when they were friends, much like his relationship with Henry.

He would never admit it, but he missed those times. However, it does not hold a candle to what he has in the present.

Captain Man tiptoed his way around, making sure he made as less noise as possible. He didn't want to think of the possibility of Charlotte getting hurt if Drex knew he was here.

The place was how he left it, destroyed. Still, he knew the place like the back of his hand and navigated to the control room easily. There, he crouched behind a large rock that he figured was a ceiling once in its lifetime. He took a peek and saw Charlotte on the ground and Drex looking busy with a gigantic machine.

"So, what's the plan?"

Captain Man jumped, then quickly slouched down to cover himself. Luckily, only a tiny sound came from where they were and nothing fell on the ground, Drex didn't seem to hear. Ray turned to his right, eyes widening in shock and anger when he saw the face of Kid Danger.

"What are you doing here?" He hissed at him, quickly checking to see if the man ahead of them could apprehend their words.

"Helping," Henry whispered in a 'duh' voice.

"No, you're not. So, get outta here!" Ray murmured through gritted teeth. It was evident on his face that he was furious seeing Henry beside him.

"You know I'm not going to leave," Henry stared him dead in the eye. "Every minute we spend arguing about this is a minute wasted on saving Charlotte. So, how about we go over the plan of rescuing her, hmm?"

Ray's jaw clenched. He made movements of wanting to strangle the blonde and restraining himself before he could. Henry waited until the older man got a hold of himself with a raised eyebrow.

"Fine!" Ray relented with a huff and pointed at him. "But, this time it has to be different. We can't punch our way in."

"Right," the blonde nodded.

Ray stuck his head out again to check before facing Henry. "Here's what I'm thinkin'..."

-----

Drex flipped the last switch on his panel and watched as the Power Cleanser roared to life. Little sparks flickered from the top running down to the bottom. A fluorescent green light emanated from the machine causing the whole room to glow. He grinned at the sight. He could feel the power radiating from it.

This time, he was certain his plan would work. He manipulated the idiotic duo to come to this place, and he had a hostage. One that he knew they would do anything to save.

When hearing a slight creak coming from behind him, the corners of Drex's lips turned up. He casually walked over to the table that held various of his devices, pretending as if he hadn't heard anything. He picked one up in particular and examined it before pressing the green button on the centre.

He laughed as he caught the sound of a yelp and turned around to see Captain Man trapped in a glass containment that only allowed his head to be free.

"Hello Ray," he mocked, grinning like a maniac. "Nice of you to stop by."