[chapter 11 the truth]

Start from the beginning

"Okay kid that'll be 40 bucks." He said holding his hand out. I grimaced.

"Shit I'm getting broker by the second." I whispered, coughing up the money. He put the cupcakes in a larger box and the two smaller objects in smaller boxes and stacked them in a bag handing it to me.

"Thank you bye!" He smiled than turned around as he walked out the door his smile turned to an annoyed look. "Fucking scammer 40 bucks for eggs flour and sugar." I sighed and calmed myself and walked home.

I quietly walked inside. My mom was in her room and grandpa was sleeping snoring like a grizzly on the couch.

"I see my fathers death really keeps him awake at night." I whispered as I walked to the back door setting the flowers on the counter to open the door.

It was night by now so it should be day over there I think. But anyways I opened the door and walked out into the Taisho era. The two girls with a red hair clip and yellow hair clip were playing with a ball. They stopped and turned to me with a smile on their faces.

"Your back!" Red hair clip giggled happily.

"So soon too!" Yellow hair clip rushed over just as happy.

"Yes I'm back..." I smiled but it just looked like I wanted to cry. The girls noticed this and looked at each other. I tried to fill in before they asked any questions "I never got your names!"

"I'm Hinaki, this is Nichika!" Hinaki the red clip girl said pointing to the yellow clip girl who is now known as Nichika.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both now let's go meet your sibling's and parents so I can give them the cupcakes I bought but then I'm going to Mitsuri's house cus I brought stuff for them!" I exclaimed and they both nodded and led me to a room where the madam was doing some sowing and the master was playing shoji with black haired girl and the two other girls were playing with some dolls.

"Everyone (Y/n) has returned with gifts." They announced and the children jumped up in joy.

I smiled and gave them the box of cupcakes. They thanked me and started to pick which ones they wanted. I took two out and made my way to the table the master was sitting at. He had a smile and so did his wife.

"Master and Madam." I bowed my head putting the cupcakes on the table.

"My child, it's lovely to have you back. My children have taken quite a liking to you." He smiled and so did his wife. She looked more intrigued by the cupcake though.

"(Y/n) what kinda cakes are these?" She asked gently.

"Well they are cupcakes um they are really good, this one's red velvet! And the masters is key limeThe kids are vanilla tho." I explained.

"I see," the master gave a small laugh. Madam Amane seemed to love the cupcake.

"What brings you back so soon?" The master asked.

"Huh." I said somewhat dazed.

"I said, What brings you back so soon?" He repeated.

"Oh uh..." I couldn't stop the tears from forming and my voice didn't come out. Madam Amane took the kids and left the room leaving me and the master.

"My boy, what causes you such sadness?" His calm voice didn't help the tears stop, it just made me want to cry more cus if I had a father I would think he'd be like this.

"Master... it's nothing really I promise." I said trying to dry my never ending tears. The master got up and while using the table to guide him sat in front of me and hugged me.

"It pains me to see my children sad. Tell me what bothers you?" He said, trying to sooth me.

"Master *hic* it's my fault he died because of me!" I exclaimed, digging my head into his shoulder. If the Hashira saw me I would totally get executed for sure.