《11》Familiar Face

Start from the beginning

"Not a problem...but there should be another family you should be suspecting as well~" He hums, twirling his fingers.

"Zen'In..." She slurs, spatting it as if it were poison. They were the main target she suspected the most, especially after knowing the bad relationship they had with her father.

Gojo taps his feet lightly as if he were in thought, 'Zen'In...now that I think about it,' There was a brief flashback inside his head.

"Ah...if I remember correctly, there was a rumor going around that your father was going to become the Head of the Zen'In," He says nonchalantly, recalling the higher-ups muttering to themselves a few years back.

Haru frowns at this new information, "Head of the Clan?"

"It makes sense since your father inherited one of the Clan's techniques and was well loved by his peers for his caring nature," Gojo has only seen the man in the far distance once when he was a child. By just looking at him, Gojo could tell that he was a man with dignity. He surrounded himself with this leadership aura, a kind facade...he was the polar opposite of his family, who in many generations showed problematic attitudes. Though he was soft-natured, he also did not hesitate to discipline...which is why many respected him. 

But of course, with Taiki's persona...he was eventually going to pull away from the toxic environment that surrounded him. And the last straw was when he was shunned for having a lover outside of the Clan's approval. But even when Taiki ran away, he was still given the position of being the future Head of the Zen'In. 

"It was quite a surprise since most expected the current leader's son to be the Head,"  Gojo informs. 

At those words, Haru's eyes widen. Something inside her head began to shift.

"Wait...who's currently the next Head...?" She questions, having the feeling that she already knew the answer.

"The current Head's son...█████ Zen'In..."

There it was. 

Haru's gaze was shadowed by her bangs, jaws clenched....as ominous cursed energy began to radiate all throughout her body. Her eyes were so wide, that it was becoming difficult to see her pulsing pupils. Gojo shook under this insane pressure, quickly reaching to grab onto Haru's shoulders again. Her raging cursed energy could give away their position.

"Haruka!"

Her rage was understandable. From what they could tell...it was possible that █████ was the one behind her parents' death. The Zen'In had a lot of power and money, so it would have been easy to cover it up as if it were have been an accident. He was the main suspect, but nothing was too sure if they didn't look into it.

Haru seemed to have calmed down, letting out a shaky sigh. She pulls away from his grip, looking away with a frown.

"Sorry...my anger took the better of me," Haru whispers, ashamed by her display. She was losing her cool, but she couldn't help it when it came to her parents. She adored them so much, that when the moment came when her parents were murdered...she wanted to kill every single Jujutsu Sorcer, and eradicate their existence from the world.

But she knew that won't solve anything...and it won't bring back her adoring parents. And that is the part that hurt her the most. 

"They did...everything they could to protect me and yet...I was unable to do so for them," Haru whispers, her lips quivering as she shut her eyes. The sun now sets, as the moonlit sky reflected upon their presence. Gojo remained quiet, observing the woman before him. This was the first time she expressed how she felt. Haru always wore a cool facade, but now she wore a distressed expression.