wikipedia

Dorothy Allen

Dorothy Allen

Born: Dorothy Charlotte Allen
May 16th 1994 (age 28)
Manchester, United Kingdom

Residency: Hammersmith, London

Occupation: Actress, Singer

Years Active: 2016 -

Early Life:

Dorothy Charlotte Allen was born May 16th 1994 in Leeds, Yorkshire to parents Kevin Allen an actor and Sarah Allen (nee.Turner) and is youngest of two children. She has a sister Jade (b.1989). Her Uncle is Welsh actor Keith Allen and is therefore the first cousin of singer-songwriter Lily Allen and actor Alfie Allen. Dorothy grew up in Leeds before moving to London for university.

Dorothy has lived in the area of Hammersmith in London since 2012. She lived with cousin Lily between 2015 - 2017. Allen is close to both her cousins and can even be seen featured on some of Lily's records. She has a strong northern accent despite having lived in London for ten years. Doing accents is one of her favourite things to do as an actor and is often heard speaking in other accents on  her instagram.

Upon graduating from college and finishing her A-Levels. Dorothy moved to London to attend LAMDA to receive her Bachelor of Arts in Acting. She studied there for three years where she graduated with a first class degree in 2015

Career:

Dorothy's career started in 2016 when she was cast upon graduating as Daisy Hardy, daughter of DI Alec Hardy played by David Tennant in Broadchurch, series three. Allen appeared in episode three of season two of Fleabag (2019) as cousin Jane. In 2018 she was cast Gina Gray the callous scheming wife of Michael Gray in Peaky Blinders series five. Allen played this role for the final two seasons of the show.

Allen spoke of her co-star Helen McCrory following her passing; "Helen is one of the greatest actors we have ever had the pleasure to witness in our lifetime. I remember going to see her in Medea whilst I was still in drama school and again in The Deep Blue Sea a couple of years later and I was completely enamoured by her. I remember meeting her and telling her how much I admired her and then on my first day of Peaky Blinders. She walked straight up to me and pulled me into a hug and told me she was proud of me. Everyday was a school day getting to work with her. Helen became my greatest friend and I'm going to miss her so much."

It was revealed in May 2022 that she would be guest starring in Stranger Things 4, not much was revealed about her character nor were there any hints as to how she's involved with the other characters we already know. But Allen revealed she's the catalyst that starts of the season off with a bang.

Personal Life:

Dorothy resides in Hammersmith, West London not far from the rest of the Allen family. Allen is childhood friends with actor Charlie Heaton, who plays Jonathan Byers on Stranger Things having attended the same school as one another up in Yorkshire.

She considers Charlie Heaton and girlfriend Natalia Dyer alongside Lily and Alfie Allen her closest friends and is often seen posting about them on social media. However over the years, Allen has decided to not post an awful lot of personal stuff online after a public breakup in 2018.

Allen sings and plays piano and has since a young age, she considered going to university to do music or musical theatre but changed her mind last minute and chose to pursue acting instead. You can see videos on youtube of her and Heaton playing alongside each other at a gig in North London from 2017.

Dorothy was in a long term relationship with Richard Madden after being introduced by her cousin Alfie from 2016 to 2018. Rumours circulated as to why they broke up were because of Madden's infidelity. Neither party confirmed this. Allen has also been seen out with British rapper Stormzy between June 2019 and February 2020. The pair were introduced by cousin Lily who worked with the rapper on his debut album.

Notable Work:

Broadchurch (2016) - Daisy Hardy - 9 episodes

Fleabag (2019) - Cousin Jane - 1 episode

Peaky Blinders (2019-2022) - Gina Gray - 12 episodes

9 to 5: The Musical (2019) - Judy Bernley - (Original West End Cast)

The King of Staten Island (2020) - Kelsey

Stranger Things (2022) - Chrissy Cunningham - 2 episodes

Accolades:

Best Newcomer: Peaky Blinders - (NTAs 2019) WON

{author's note} The name of Dorothy's dad is Keith's real life brother's name. The character however is not based on his person, we are just using his name for the character profile. He won't be mentioned in the book. The name of his wife is fictional and so is the name of Dorothy's sister. I hope you're excited to read all about this character Dorothy I've created as I love her already! x