13. The Outfit Fiasco

Start from the beginning

Ace pumped his fists, a smile on his Face. "It's a formal meeting so you gotta look well dressed..." He chuckled nervously

"I'll go raid Robin or Nami's closet later... Kid needs to talk to me, So out. I've gotta get ready" I pushed Ace out of the room. Taking a deep breath, I put on some different and more clean clothes. 

Opening my closet, I couldn't help but frown a bit. All I had was all of my brother's old clothes. There were some from Marco, Thatch, Ace, Sabo, and Luffy. and Several items from Izou. I grabbed a plain white button-up, as well as a Plain white undershirt, and set them on my bed. I barged into Sabo's room grabbing his desk chair. He seemed thoroughly embarrassed by my actions... I didn't want to know what he was doing. 

I set the desk chair down in front of my closet, using it as a step stool to get to the top of my closet for my pants. I sifted through them until I found some deep brown plaid pants...they didn't look half bad but they were probably a bit too long. I tossed them on my bed anyways. Stepping down I moved the chair over to the far left side of my closet. I was looking for some white socks to go with it. I snagged some after looking so a while. They should've gone just about my ankle. Before I stepped back down I grabbed some fresh underwear as well.

I looked at the laid-out outfit... it was missing something. I scrambled out of my room. barging right into Sabo's room again. He screamed like a little girl. Hold his bedsheets to his chest, I sifted through his closet. Grabbing a sweater vest and left.

"KNOCK NEXT TIME!" 

I heard him yell, I was too focused to even care about his nonsense. I put the sweater vest on top of the laid-out shirt, Smiling at it. It was perfect, Warm enough to go outside in, comfy enough to wear for a few hours and Put together enough to make it look like I had my shit together. I shut and locked my door, putting it on. I looked into my mirror, looking at it for a moment. I needed to do something with my hair. A knock came from my door, but before I got the chance to unlock it, Ace picked the lock. Thatch stepped in with Him. Both of them tilted their heads.

"Uh... I thought Kid needed to talk to you... I didn't know it was slang for you going on a date." Ace chuckled a bit, still confused

"It's not a date, We're just going for coffee, he said it was about important stuff..." I shrugged

"Y/n. You never dress up like that, usually, it's hoodies and sweatpants. Not, sophisticated but comfortable with a hint of scholar." Thatch pointed out

"Huh?" Now it was my turn to tilt my head

"You never wear stuff like that!" Ace deadpanned

"Yeah! She barged into my room like twice!! Once for my desk chair and Once for one of my Vests!!" Sabo looked annoyed

"OH.MY.GOD" Thatch put a hand over his mouth, "You actually LOOKED through your closet! YOU PUT TIME INTO MAKING AN OUTFIT!!" Thatch smiled evilly and pointed at me

Ace and Sabo gasped, Izou who had been visiting heard that and also ran up the stairs to gasp in fake but real shock.

"I wanted to look nice! Is it a crime?!" I threw my hands up, unknowing of the light blush on my face

"YOU'RE BLUSHHINGGGG~" Ace sang loudly, dancing around your room

"Oh Hun, You're gonna need some matching shoes, come with me. I've got some your size in my car" Izou grabbed me, taking me outside to his car and handing me some off-white, beige-ish sneakers. 

"Thanks?..." I mumbled,

"You're very welcome... Now go get that man. God knows you need some action" Izou hugged me

"Izou!" I gasped

He quickly let go, running off. I rolled my eyes. going back inside to put the shoes on, Once I had them on I grabbed my wallet, keys, and phone. Izou yanked me back before I could leave. Quickly did something with my hair.

"What'd you do?" I quirked a brow

"I put it in a messy-ish bun, now go You look great" He gave a thumbs up

If there was anyone I trusted more with my hair. It was Izou and Thatch. They had that stuff down to pat, like holy cow. I smiled a bit before heading out to my truck. My phone started buzzing as soon as I started the damn thing.

"Yo" 

'You ditch me?' Kid grumbled

"No. I just got in the truck, give me a bit alright?" I snickered, "Now don't go getting your panties in a twist"

'Shut the hell up, Midget'

"Make me tough guy!" I laughed, pulling out of the driveway

'When and Where~' Kid was obviously flirting

"You're awful at trying to flirt subtly, It's so stupid sounding when you do!" I giggled

'Can it!' Kid snapped, his tone seemed embarrassed so I didn't take it personally

"Want me to meet you somewhere, or do you want me to go to the coffee place?"

'Just head to the shop.' 

"Alright. See ya'" I ended the call before he could say goodbye, I looked into my rear-view mirror, looking at what Izou did with my hair. It didn't look half bad, I stopped. Oh god... Maybe this was a date. I mean, they were right. I actually tried to look decent for once. With this new information, your face burned a brighter red than kids' hair...