☀︎

      Her shirt is matted with blood beneath the hoodie she uses to cover it up, she's gonna have to throw it out or burn it or something because of evidence and all. But right now she's just trying to get to her dorm, make as little noise as possible, and hope no one sees the face of the killer etched on her.

      While her roommate, Tara, doesn't know how she'll keep hiding the fact that she's a practicing witch and has afternoon séances in their dorm that Willow is a part of.

      It looks like both got their secrets to keep.

☀︎

      It's Thanksgiving day and campus is nearly desolate because everyone's gone to their families to celebrate. Lilith stays though, it's not like she has any family that would want to see her or celebrates that sort of holiday.

      She supposes she likes the ritual sacrifice aspect of Thanksgiving, it's something she and Anya share.

      Anya—or Anyanka—is another person she didn't think she would find in the Hellmouth. They have some shared history, did some mayhem together, especially when it came to those vengeance demon wishes. Lilith enjoyed the best of Anya's demon abilities on her worst ex-boyfriends. But Anya's human now and Lilith cannot think of a worse fate for herself.

      It's not that she has anything against humans, she finds them endearing most of the time. But the thought of being that weak again makes her sick.

      She wonders how Anya does it, Lilith recognizes it as strength and resilience.

      Anya, much like Lilith, has found herself entwined with the scoobies. Although, unlike Lilith, she seems to genuinely be a part of the group by dating Xander, Lilith has to keep crashing their hangouts.

      The first time Lilith showed up at Giles' house, where all the Scoobies were, she wasn't let in. The second time, she had valuable assets for the monster they were fighting that day, so she was let in.

      This time, they are hosting Thanksgiving dinner at Giles' and Lilith is adamant to crash it. She might not have found out if it wasn't for Willow, who after being asked to hang out by Lilith, had declined and reluctantly explained why.

      Lilith shows up at Giles' doorstep, cradles a wine bottle and a bag of bread rolls in one hand, and uses the other to knock on the door.

      Buffy answers it. There's a confused look on her face, she wasn't expecting her, and Lilith doesn't know how to feel about it so she waves her party favors as a white flag.

      "Do I wanna know how you're here?"

      "Well, I got a car."

      "Just please don't tell me you're stalking me now."

      "I wouldn't call it—"

      Willow pops her head in. "I might've told her," she says, sheepish.

      Buffy turns to Willow and mutters something that looks like traitor.

      "I got merlot and bread rolls."

      Buffy looks back at Lilith. "I'll take that," she gestures at the bag of rolls, then points at the bottle of wine. "You can keep that."

      Buffy opens the door wider as if she's actually considering letting Lilith into her Friendsgiving because she brought buttery rolls. She looks at the bag again and sees they're the kind her mom buys, Lilith really makes this hard.