"Maybe 15 minutes." Nancy calls out from the background.

"I can do 10 but I'll try to drag it out. Shit, she's coming. Hurry up! Over and out." I panic and throw the walkie onto the backseat as Y/N walks towards the car.

Y/N's pov

"Almost threw up. Knew that milkshake was a mistake." I tell Jonathan as I get into the passenger seat.

"I'll try not to drive too fast then."

"I'm gonna open the window too. Trust me to feel like total shit on my birthday."

"Hey, I need to quickly drop Will's walkie off at Steve's house." Jonathan announces out of nowhere.

"Why is Will at Steve's house?" That never happens.

"I think they're doing something with Dustin and Max. I'm not really sure, I just dropped him off."

"Wait, you're telling me that Steve Harrington is babysitting at his own house now? Why does Will even need his walkie?"

"I don't know but he left it in the backseat."

"Okay..."

With slightly more traffic than usual, we take a somewhat slow drive to the Harrington house. Something doesn't feel right and I don't just mean my stomach. I don't think Will has ever been to Steve's house. I don't think most of us have been to Steve's house. Eventually, we pull up to the towering building and I notice a few cars out front.

"You gonna get out of the car?" He asks me.

"Why? You're just handing it to Will."

"Thought you'd wanna say hi."

"They forgot my birthday - I don't really wanna have a conversation with them as they're completely oblivious."

"Could make them feel bad." He shrugs. "I'll just say I got you that guitar strap to bring it up." Why is he so persistent today?

"Fine." I roll my eyes.

I reluctantly exit the car as Jonathan grabs the walkie. We briskly stroll over to the house and knock on the door. We hear Steve shout that it's open - so I take the hint and open the door. As I walk in, I'm startled by the sudden noise.

"Surprise!" They all yell.

"Uh, surprise!" Robin shouts after them as if she was caught off guard - though she's louder than them to make up for it.

"Happy birthday!"

"So, you guys didn't actually forget?" I stand stunned.

"Of course we didn't." Lucas looks at me like I'm crazy to ever think that.

"So, you used Jonathan as the bait." I shake my head as I realise. "I'm surprised you didn't send Robin or Nancy. It's way more believable that they'd be here."

"Well, we had to keep Eddie and Steve in line because they both wanted control." Max informs me - very valid reason.

"Plus Robin would've got nervous and told you." Dustin adds. Robin goes to object but refrains.

"Yeah." She sighs in realisation.

Steve tries to rush over to me to give me his present first. However, Eddie trips him up, making him faceplant the floor. Like an excited child, Eddie rushes over with a gift in his hand.

"I actually got you 2 presents - but I'll give you the other one later." He hands it over.

"Oh, you will?" I widen my eyes.

"Yeah, I left it in my truck. Wait, what's that look for?" Then he realises. "Oh, that's not what I meant but consider that a third present." He smirks. What have I done?

"What did you think he meant?" Erica asks with innocent confusion.

"Nothing!" I panic as my face turns red.

"Because they're dating-"

"Dustin!" I scold him.

"Henderson!" Eddie joins.

With that madness over, I sit down to open presents. Eddie finally got around to making me a Hellfire shirt. I now have a new collection of tapes for my Walkman. Makes sense considering I'm kinda hard to buy for since I never really know what I want.

Now the presents are out of the way, they surprise me with a piñata. I joke about how I've had practice fighting demogorgons. Fearlessly, I put all my power into my swing and make contact. However, at the sound out groaning and laughter, I realise I didn't hit the piñata. Quickly, I remove the blindfold to see my victim.

"Oh my god, Will, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." He clutches his stomach.

Throughout the rest of the night, we play stupid games and do karaoke with the music way too loud. It's still as awkward as ever when they sing happy birthday. Robin had to hold Steve back from shoving my face in the cake. I manage to give him a taste of his own medicine by walking behind him and shoving his face into his slice.

Eventually, everyone leaves and Eddie drives me to my house. Since it's my birthday and my parents aren't home, I let him stay the night. Cuddled up in my bed listening to music, Eddie remembers his second gift.

"I know how much you love my rings. So, I got you one with the same vibe."

"I love it."

"Consider it a promise ring because I want to marry you but I know we aren't ready yet."

"God, I love you." I slide the ring on and lean in for a kiss. That kiss turns into many before Eddie interrupts it.

"How about that third present?" He grins.

"Yes please."

Considering how miserable I was at the start of the day - I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.