CHAPTER 23

It's almost 7 PM when they decide to have an early dinner—all of them meeting in front of a fast food restaurant as the majority crave some.

Gayoon and Yangyang followed from the bowling arena, happily talking and laughing while recalling their dumb moments awhile ago.

And as if something had pulled them away, Gayoon froze on her spot as her eyes landed on a new face between the two pairs.

"Oh, is that Lee Donghyuck?" Yangyang quipped and looked at the girl. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah." Gayoon chewed on her lower lip as she walked towards the small group.

Her eyes remained on him, granted that his gazes also never left hers.

Gayoon can exactly feel the chill as she's nearing them, then decides to stand beside Jisung as if the younger man can protect her from the dangerous prey.

"Oh nice, you're finally here. Also, Gayoon, why are you there?" Doyoung mused. "Shouldn't you be standing beside Donghyuck?"

Now Gayoon's lips dried up.

"Me?" she pointed at herself.

Doyoung's brows furrowed. "Yes, you, Gayoon. Beside Donghyuck, your soulmate."

Yangyang's eyes widened. "You're soulmates!?"

"Yes, we are," Donghyuck lowly said, walking towards her.

Donghyuck pulled the girl beside him, staring straight into Yangyang's eyes for a few seconds before turning to the rest.

"Shall we go inside?"

The orders are pretty much the same, just some side snacks and desserts depending on personal preferences.

As if the surprising introduction wasn't awkward enough, the seating arrangement just added to the tension. Yangyang, Gayoon, and Donghyuck.

Honestly, Yangyang is an easygoing person.

He can vibe with them all, have a say on each topic, and also crack jokes and funny stories to brighten the mood.

And that frustrates Donghyuck even more.

How can he act like nothing's wrong?

I mean, there's really none, but there's really something in him that Donghyuck finds annoying.

Is it because of his bright personality? His laughs? His outgoing voice?

Donghyuck lightly scoffed when Gayoon also laughed at something he said.

He's jealous, alright.

"Aww, I ran out of nuggets," Gayoon mused.

"Here," Yangyang immediately responded, placing his remaining nuggets on her plate.