"and that bullshit with 'especially since i left?' i have called and texted you every single day i have been gone, sometimes even more than twice a day! i've tried so hard to keep in contact with you, and you're coming to me with this shit? jesus christ, ariana you've got to be fucking with me right now."

my voice strained as i leaned against the desk, rubbing my hands down my face. "i-i'm not happy anymore, y/n. and i don't want to lead you on any longer, it would just hurt us both more than this would."

i felt myself crumble even more at the words 'any longer.'

any longer?

how long had this been going on? how long was she unhappy with me? for how long was i not satisfying her?

i looked up at her, my cheeks wet with tears. "w-when did this happen? how long have you been lying to me? is-is there something i did to make you not happy o-or is there just something fucking wrong with me?"

ariana shook her head, slowly approaching me. "y/n, stop. there's nothing wrong with you, okay? nothing. it's my fault, mine. i just...i'm selfish, and i just want more than you can give me."

i let out another wet laugh. "yeah, that makes me feel so much fucking better. what more could i give you? i've given you everything i have, ariana. do you even care about that? do you even care about me?"

ariana stayed quiet.

"you know what? fuck this and fuck you. get the hell out," i snapped, standing up straight and walking to her suitcase. i hoisted it up and dragged it to the door. i opened the door and threw it out, leaving it there in the hall.

"out."

ariana let out a sob, and as much as i wanted to pretend it didn't hurt me, it hurt like a bitch. "y/n..." i shook my head, holding up my hand as i walked over to her. "just stop taking. you've done enough of that already."

i took her by surprise as i cupped her cheeks in my hands. "just...just give me one last normal moment with you. you owe me that." i croaked, feeling a tear roll down the tip of my nose.

one of ariana's tears fell onto my thumb, and i could feel it absorb into my skin. she bit her lip, nodding up at me as she gently grabbed both of my wrists. i swallowed my pride as i leaned down and she followed, meeting me halfway as i pressed my salty lips to hers.

i shut my eyes tightly, trying to pretend that we weren't here right now in this situation. i tried to think back to the night we danced together in the studio. i tried to think of our first date and the first time we kissed. the first time she told me she loved me.

i kissed her harder as i tried to forget the utter pain in my chest. ariana whimpered as she pressed herself against me, her nails desperately scratching the skin on my wrists. our tears mixed together, creating a salty mixture against our lips that just made me want to cry harder.

i reluctantly pulled away with a gasp for air, even though my heart desperately wanted me to never stop. ariana sobbed, her hand finding her back of my head as she pecked my lips again.

"no ariana, stop." i mumbled, pushing myself back as i let my hands slowly fall from her face. "you have to go."

ariana cried again, her nails scratching my scalp as she pulled it away, letting it fall to her stomach. she gently rubbed it as she looked down, nodding softly.

ariana's hand brushed against my arm as she picked her phone up from the bed, sliding it into her sweatpants. she looked up at me with a look that i couldn't decipher. her lip quivered as she grabbed my arm, pulling me towards her. she wrapped herself around my arm as she cried against it, her tears staining my sweatshirt.