Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Hailey's P.O.V.

"Oi! Malfoy!" I called down the hall following him. I laughed as he turned glaring, his eyes ice cold. When he saw it was just me, they looked more like a serene pool of clear water. He smiled and I hugged him getting a death lock on his neck.

"Hailey!" He said laughing. I let go and went to walk beside him. Before I let go, Parkinson walked by and shot me and Draco an angry look.

"Whats up with Parkinson?" I asked him holding on to his arm. If he noticed that, he didn't think it was weird or said anything. He smiled a bit.

"You seriously don't know? She was yelling at me yesterday in the Common Room!" He said to me laughing a bit now.

"Ooh! Having a fight with your love dove?" I asked him smirking. He just rolled his eyes at me. He might have blushed a bit.

"Uhuh. Jealous are we?" He asked me playfully. I let go and punched him in the arm.

"No. You want me to be don't ya?" I said laughing. He held my hand as we walked. Now I deffinetly noticed this and my heart was racing. What do I do? This is one of those weird girl moments. Do I let go? Or is this friendly? Wait, holding hands is not friendly! Maybe I should just hold on just to be polite. Or because you like it too. A voice said in my head. Shut up. I said to it. I decided to hold on because after I was done thinking, it was way to late to let go.

People were staring and some rude ones were pointing. We had a bit more small talk while we walked. My earlier casualness was a bit gone now. I was a bit more stiff but I think I managed pretty well. Whispers were all around and I could hear some of it. Mostly like ... A Paige and Malfoy? or Are they together? or something close to those two. Come on people! Can't two friends hold hands while walking down the hall? This is normal. I was thinking in my head. Then again, I didn't think this was all too normal either. I passed Hermione who raised her eyebrows and smirked at me. I rolled my eyes.

We were soon at Transfigurations where we both needed to be. He went to go sit with Crabbe and Goyle and I took seat in my chair. I didn't dare look back at them. Okay... Now what do I do??? I just let him hold hands with me but, I don't know...  Does that make us a... No! Of course not. We haven't even gone out yet. Yet. That voice in my head quoted me. Didn't I tell you to shut up already? I said to it. It was quiet in my brain again. Great. Now I'm talking to my brain. Thoughts were still going a million miles an hour when Lily came in.

"Yeah. You soo don't like Malfoy." She said to me. I smiled a bit then looked down onto my diary. My eyes wandered and saw the wood beneath it. I looked at it seeing little pictures that change whenever I look away. I do that a lot when I think. I see pictures on walls, desks, basically any surface that is not plain.

"So what if I do?" I said to her still looking at the desk. I saw there a ship in the background with the sunset causing a silhouette. Tiny marks in the wood making waves and a few up on the 'sky' of the desk making coulds and occasional birds. I wouldn't know what to say next, but then, Professor McGonagall called the class's attention. Today was just a little lecture. My diary, which I had forgotten about, was opened and it seemed like Draco wanted to talk.

Hey. I was wondering if The message stopped there.

Wondering if what? I asked him.

If maybe, you'd like to go to Hogsmede with me? He wrote real slow. He stopped in some places and then continued his sentence. My quill froze in mid air. I was screaming inside. After getting over some shock, I put it in some ink to reply.

Yes. I wrote almost instantly. Was this going to be a date? I was smiling way to big, that Lily noticed. She asked me some questions and I replied that I'd tell her later.

"Paige!" Parkinson called right before I got out. Draco had to go see Crabbe and Goyle who were obnoxiously signaling him to go and talk to them. I went to go meet her.

"What do you want Parkinson?" I asked her much more politely than she would.

"What do you think your doing with my man?" She asked me getting in my face. I was a bit shorter than her so she hovered above me. That wasn't so intimidating.

"Is that your problem Parkinson? Why don't you stick your pug face in someone else's buisness." I spat at her. She stopped standing over me only to slap me.

"Know thats what happens when you mess with me." She said snarling. I was really mad. Nobody tells me what to do. I punched her in the face hoping to leave a mark. By the immediate damage, I think it will.

"Know this happens when you tell me what to do. Don't you remember last time?" I said bending down to tell her that. I looked around. Apparently this was not that big of a deal. I walked away and looked back once to see Pug face glaring at me. I almost expected her to come here for payback but all she did was glare at me but the hit was enough to keep her at bay.

I was grumbling all the way to my next class. Up the ladder to Divination,I sat next to Draco. Parkinson came in and I dared her to try and get to Draco. She just walked away holding her face where I punched her. Somehow she still tried to look pompous. I scoffed under my breath which made Draco raise his eyebrows.

"Umm, whats up with you and Pansy?" He asked me. Knowing me as long as he did, he knew not to push my buttons when I'm in this mood.

"Nothing much. Told me what to do, slapped me, and I just returned the favor." I said growling. He looked at Parkinson gripping at a soon to be purple bruise. It was red right now. Draco pointed to my face. I bet it had a hand mark on it. Even if there was, it wouldn't leave as much of a mark as I did. Draco tried to soothe me and put a strand of hair from my face. I must have been blushing. Hopefully that hand mark concealed it. Still I couldn't hide my smile. You do like him... That voice crooned in my mind. Yeah fine okay I do. I told it. He held my hand under the desk and that made me forget about Parkinson.

I stuck on my wireless headphones and played some songs during the whole lesson. I was perfect at Divination and, all I needed to do to get an outstanding was create some tragic prediction and put in some rubbish about the planets. I loved all the classes except this ruddy class.

Professor Trelawney with her spectacles making her look like a bug, kept using her hands trying to explain cosmic foretelling. I was tapping my hand on the table following the beat of whatever song was on. She droned on and on until finally the class was over. He took my hand and we walked downstairs. Parkinson made extra sure to bump me. I glared after her. That bruise was starting to show colors. I smiled at my damage. We walked all the way to the Great Hall together holding hands. I went on ahead to the Slytherin table blushing like mad when I sat down. Lily looked at me expectantly. I shook my head now and told her later. Once Draco and I parted ways going to our domitories, Lily kept poking me and poking me all the way up the stairs to tell her the news.

"Well?" She said when I didn't answer. I smiled nervously.

"I...I...I'm going on a date with Draco..." I sputtered out. I looked at her smiling. Her face was frozen for a second.

"I'm so happy for you!" She squealed finally. She hugged me giggling. We laughed together.

"Now it's just you and David Evans." I teased smiling. She snorted and asked me all about how Draco asked me out. Once she finally got over the fact about my diary, she let me sleep. I went to bed greeted by my usual dreams.