COMMUNICATIONS DOWN

Chapter 10: Communications Down

The majority has selected option 2.

PATH UPDATED

Separation: (Y/N) split ways with Jacob in favour of going with the rest of the group. - ...and then went with Dylan and Ryan to find a landline.

PATH UPDATED

Out of Hand: (Y/N) went after Jacob. - Jacob and (Y/N) went swimming in the lake. - ...but left when they heard Abi scream - ...and Jacob got caught in a booby trap. - A hunter poured some sort of substance on (Y/N)'s face. -  (Y/N) washed the liquid off.

22.00 | August 22nd - (Y/N)

Lodge Entrance

I'll go find Dylan and Ryan after I get dressed. As much as I want to help Nick, there's Kaitlyn to tend to his injuries and Abi for moral support. I should work on contacting the authorities. 

With your clothes in hand, you ducked into the kitchen. Abi would come in here a little later to get a snack for Nick but you'd be able to get dressed before that. It would barely take you a minute. 

But first the substance still all over your face. Going over to the sink, you turned on the tap and let the water pool in your cupped hands before splashing it all over your face. You repeated the action multiple times and the blood washed away down the drain. Using the kitchen towel nearby, you dried your face.

Great, now clothes.

Getting behind one of the kitchen islands; you took of Kaitlyn's hoodie. She'd been so nice to offer it to you but that's just the way Kaitlyn was. Then came off your undergarments and you quickly slipped on the dry ones Ryan had retrieved for you. The lake water had dried on you by now, except for your hair but there wasn't really a hairdryer you could use right now. You put on the leggings, then the shirt and the jacket over that. The socks followed and then finally your hiking shoes. Warming back up at last, you smiled a little.

Well that feels significantly better. Next stop Mr H's office.

You secured your phone into your pocket, silently thanking Ryan that he'd chosen leggings with pockets. The pocket knife that had proven quite useful tonight also met the same fate. With everything secured, you went to leave the room. 

Then for the first time in an hour, you found a tarot card by the frame of the door. 

I'm too tired and worried to question it at this point.

You removed it from its spot. On the card, there were a few animals but the main focuses were the sun and moon, more prominently the moon frowning down at the animals below.

Tarot Card Found

The Moon

(Y/N) pulls open a door, screams and slams the door shut as they return into the building they came from.

When you finally left the room; the main hall was dark, empty and unbelievably silent. The full moon cast a glossy layer of light on certain tables but it only amplified the creepy atmosphere. You almost didn't want to go on but it was just a little darkness. 

A little darkness never killed anyone, right?

Every step you took through the hall echoed and made you want to turn back but you powered on. Halfway through the way to Mr H's office, however, you felt your breath hitch in your throat as your own name was whispered into the air around you. You whipped around immediately to see who it was but there wasn't anyone in the corridor. You turned back around, confused and creeped out, before just pausing and listening. Nothing followed except for silence.