Chapter 1: The horrific bus ride and ceremony...

To appear as normal as possible, I rejected going to the school in the limousine that man has prepared for me. After taking some time doing research on Tokyo's bus routes, I've finally boarded the bus that would take me to my destination.

I looked out the window as the bus continued to move, and everything seemed to fade away. I was deep in thought as to why that man gave me the opportunity to leave. Is it because of that old letter? Even if that was the case, what kind of content was in that letter to be able to persuade his stubbornness? The further I think about it, the more curious I become. I guess I should stop before I think of unnecessary things. The scenery truly is vibrant and much like in the books I've read, it contains life. Trees, birds, white clouds and blue skies. As I was comparing the sceneries I saw in front of my eyes with what I remembered from the books that I've read, a certain person poked my arm, making me turn over.

"Hello! I saw that you have the same uniform as me, my name is Kushida Kikyo, nice to meet you! Are you perhaps going to the Advance Nurturing High School as well?"

This is a sudden development. I hadn't anticipated that someone would talk up to me like this.

"Hi there, my name is Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. Your guess is correct, I'm heading there right now." I smiled at her warmly.

For some reason, a slight blush appeared on her face as she looked down to the floor. Is it because of me? It can't be, from all the books and documentaries that I've read and learned, blushing is caused by stress or embarrassment. It is a natural bodily response that is triggered by a complex network of nerves called the sympathetic nervous system. Or is it because she's sick? I hope I didn't stress her out or embarrassed her, otherwise it would mark the doom of my high school life.

Meanwhile, in Kushida's thoughts:

"Uwaaa, he's so handsome!!! And that smile, it's so deadly too! I hope I'm in the same class as him!"

"Are you ok, Kushida-san?" I titled my head to try and see her face better.

"Ahem... Yes I'm fine Ayanokoji-kun, the sun is quite bright so I had to cover my face up a little bi-"

Not having finished her sentence, I took the liberty to get close to her and checked her temperature by putting my forehead against hers.

"Hmm, your temperature seems fine, are you really ok?"

Oh. Seems like my actions backfired on me. Her face is as red as a tomato now and steam seems to be coming out of her ears as well. I better apologize otherwise she would mistake me for a pervert.

"I apologized for doing that, it was my fault that I didn't ask for your consent."

"Uwawawawa~~!"...

Did she just faint? Now I've really done it huh, way to go Ayanokoji, you ruined the first day of your high school life.

— — — — — —

"Yawn~~ Huh? Where am I?"

"Good morning Kushida-san, we are nearing the school, it's about time that you wake up now." I pointed at our school in the distance.

"Aya-Ayanokoji-kun?! Have I been sleeping on your shoulder this whole time?? I'm sorry for my annoyance, it's just that I didn't sleep well last night..."

"What is this Kushida, get a hold of yourself, you should be the one leading him, not the other way around!"

"It's ok, you didn't bother me a single bit. You have a really cute face when you sleep too."

"Are you hitting on me Ayanokoji-kun? The things you have said to me so far, it could really make someone fall in love with you~~!"

"Dang it, I could have fallen in love with you then and there if I didn't have such a high capacity for flirting. But this guy seems pure as hell, is it really like what I've said or doesn't he recognize what he has said?"