one-shot

Mayen Kelly was never one to hold sadistic disdain against someone, until his falling out with a certain Proud male.

The pair had known each other since childhood. Mayen had moved into the neighborhood during his first year of 2nd grade. He didn’t know anybody around him and his parents had just left the boy in this strange place to drop his four older siblings off. He really wish he stayed home with his mother, Sadaka or at least be homeschooled, since he has a hard time making friends and it doesn't help his older siblings tease him on a daily basis. It also doesn't help he has a traumatic history with socializing with his peers.

               "What the hell are you moping about?" Mayen heard another boy’s voice call from in front of him. Mayen looked up and got a good look at the other child in front of him. He has short, dark, and curly hair. He also has brown eyes, wearing a red and blue stiped shirt, along with greenish khakis, and white sneakers.

                  “Leave me alone,” Mayen pouted, “My family left me alone here and I don’t wanna be here!”

"Pfft! Are you a wuss?" The boy scoffed at him,"Only chickens get to call for their parents!"

"I'm not a wuss!" Mayen hollers in his face, throwing himself off the swing and standing face-to-face directly at the other boy. "And I'm not a chicken either!"

There was a short pause, until the other child spoke "Oh really? Prove it!" He smirked.

This took Mayen aback, but quickly shook the feeling. "What're you suggesting?" He asked, hesitantly.

"I challenge you to a basketball duel!"

Mayen hesitated for a moment and then put his hand out for a shake, "Fine, I accept your challenge", he agreed.

The other boy took the hand in return, "Whoever hoops scores before recess ends, wins!"

An hour later, Mayen wins the challenge. Both worn out.

                   "How. Did. You. Beat. Me?" The other boy panted with each word. As soon as they caught their breaths, Mayen sighed and chuckled, "I guess I'm just lucky".

"Hmph! Lucky, I guess", the other boy pouted. He then approached the Mayen, with his hand stretched out.

"Oscar", said the other boy.

Mayen took the hand in return, "Mayen".

                 That was how their friendship began. After a few months, Felix ended up joining their small friend group, the three boys bonding over admiration for sports. Though Oscar does bully Mayen numerous of times, the trio were inseparable and grew up in the same neighborhood, by the time they went to middle school. One day, Mayen went to the Proud's estate for a comic book Oscar borrowed from him. As he knocked on the door, a cool breeze swirled a few wisps of fog along the mostly deserted street.

                 The door opened revealing just Oscar. He had a more fluffier afro, was lankier, wore a red jersey uniform with a #2, and blue sneakers.

Oscar smiled as he saw Mayen at his door.

"Hey Mayen, it's good to see you".

"Sure, can I come in?" Mayen asked, while remaining neutral.

                   "I don't see why not", Oscar replied as he let Mayen in.

"So...where's the comic book?" Mayen asked.

Oscar sighed as he locked the door, "Wait on the cough, I'll go retrieve for you",  Mayen obeyed and Oscar left to find the graphic novel. As soon as Mayen was left alone, he took out a note from his pocket and read it. It was from his girlfriend, Amanda. He read the note and the heart in his chest dropped.