Part 3

Virat is brought to the huge conference room and sees 3 persons already seated at the table.

All three in their 30s are impeccably dressed and poised in their manner.

The spectacled one looks a bit softer, while the dashing young man looks sharp and no nonsense. But it is the third person with sparkling blue eyes that catches Virat's attention. He realizes now that probably the Ram Kapoor who arranged for the injection is this person, owner of Kapoor Industries.

Virat is unable to fathom why such a reputed and well known businessman would help him.

Ram speaks first, “Welcome ACP Chavan, myself Ram Kapoor. How may I help you?”

Virat turns his attention to Ram and smiles,

“Hello Mr. Kapoor. You might be aware why I came here. I am not here in official capacity and therefore the reasons for my visit are personal. I have a few questions for you”

“Sure.. we would be glad to answer them, but first Tea or Coffee? Or anything else?”

“Green tea would be fine”

Ram smirks and Virat notices it but doesn't ask.

Adi and Kunal meanwhile are eyeing Virat and assessing his mannerisms. His fidgeting with his ring does not go unnoticed by Kunal. Virat stops it when he sees Kunal has seen it.

A few moments after the refreshments are served, Virat focuses his attention to Ram and starts speaking,

“First of all, I presume you are the Ram Kapoor who procured the injection for me?”

Ram nods and smiles.

Virat continues, “Thank you Mr. Kapoor, that's a big favour you have bestowed upon me and I don't know how to repay you.”

Ram smiles again and says, “It wasn't me… it was my wife and her insistence”

Virat’s face changes emotions as fast as a lightening, “Wife and her insistence” doesn't really sit well for him.

Seeing his confusion, Ram continues, “My wife Priya requested the injection for you”. Ram lies through his teeth to gauge his reaction.

Still unable to understand, Virat wonders whether they do know anything about Sai or is it just misplaced information.

“Thank you, then I should meet your wife and thank her. My other question is who is Mr. Kunal and can I meet him?”

At which point, the dashing fellow Virat noticed earlier clears his throat and answers,

“I am Kunal and what do you want to know?”

Virat’s blood pressure is now rising, this handsome man and Sai… What is the connection? He wonders. But he composes himself and continues,

“How do you know my wife, Sai Joshi and why did you process her admission transfer?”

It is Kunal who smiles now, he looks at Ram and Adi and an unspoken conversation happens.

He faces Virat and answers, “Because I am her good friend and she asked me to”

Virat’s eyebrows twitch, jaw clenches slightly and he stops fidgeting with the ring, “good friend” is irritating him like hell.

Kunal is perceptive enough to notice all these minor changes and continues,

“She didn't want to live in Nagpur anymore, neither visit the place and hence I did it on her behalf… Dosto ke liye itna to aap bhi karte honge na?” (You do that for your friends right?)