CHAPTER TWO: TRICK OR TREAT, FREAK

Trick or Treat, Freak

Hawkins Middle School

(Y/N) sighed quietly, leaning up against the hood of her car as she waited for the boys to bike up to the school, not wanting to miss Dustin's costume solely due to the fact that she had yet to go home after her fight with her Mother. Perking up, (Y/N) heard the faint sound of humming, her eyes searching through the crowd of kids as she immediately recognized the theme song, "Wow." She spoke to herself in utter awe, watching as the boys pulled up on their bikes, wearing their Ghostbuster costumes, "Mom really went all out."

Pushing herself off her car, (Y/N) walked towards them, a happy grin stretched across her face, "You guys look awesome." She spoke up, gaining their attention as Will walked up to them as well. Dustin smiled widely and ran over to give (Y/N) a hug, "(Y/N)!" The boys shouted, joining in on the hug before Dustin pulled back, "What're you doing here?" He found himself asking.

"Well, since I didn't get to see you all dressed up this morning, I figured I'd stop by and see the whole gang." She replied with a shrug, holding back a laugh as she noticed that two of them had the same name, "Although I think you guys might be missing someone." She said, motioning towards Lucas and Mike. It was just then that Mike realized what she was hinting towards, "Why are you Venkman?" He asked Lucas.

"Because, I'm Venkman."

"No, I'm Venkman."

"Why can't there just be two Venkman's?" Will asked, trying to diffuse the situation before his friends fell into a petty argument. Mike held back a scoff, "Because there's only one Venkman in real life! We planned this months ago." The raven haired boy ranted, "I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stantz, you're Egon, and you're Winston!" Lucas rolled his eyes and shook his head, "I specifically didn't agree to Winston."

"Yes, you did!"

"I don't think he did." (Y/N) and Will spoke up at the same time as they both shook their heads. Lucas sent them a thankful nod, happy that they were backing him up, "No one wants to be Winston, man." He exclaimed. Mike furrowed his brows and eyed his friend in annoyance, "What's wrong with Winston?" Lucas gave him a shocked look, finding himself confused as to how Mike didn't know why Winston sucked, ""What's wrong with Winston"?" He repeated, looking up at (Y/N) for help.

"He joined the team super late, he's not funny, and he's not even a scientist."
(Y/N) listed off for the boy, getting nods in agreement from everyone but Mike, "Yeah, but he's still cool!" Mike shot back at her, moving his attention to the older girl. (Y/N) raised a brow at him and crossed her arms across her chest, "If he's so cool, then you be Winston." She replied to him.