Jacob countered.

"Look, if we really can't stop you, go ahead and find her. Make sure she's safe."

You caught Jacob's eye.

"Okay. Stay safe."

He turned around and went right back into the treeline. You watched him disappear.

God I hope that idiot keeps safe.

"We need to get back to the lodge. Try to get help."

You heard Kaitlyn say to Ryan.

"How? Nick can't walk properly."

He replied. You looked down in alarm to assess Nick's injuries again and only now noticed the massive bite mark on his tight. It looked like something huge had sunk their teeth right into him and infection had set in, black creeping up in certain spots. You looked away quickly.

"You've seen that right? That's infection, Dylan."

Dylan sighed.

"I know. I noticed it too but we can't really do anything about it right now except clean out the wound and stuff back at the lodge."

"Yeah..."

You must've missed a few words exchanged between Kaitlyn and Ryan because Ryan was now rapidly approaching you while pushing a wheelbarrow.

"What's that-" You understood the purpose mid-sentence and gave Ryan an incredulous look. "Please tell me you don't plan on putting him in that and wheeling him all the way to the lodge."

"Uh...We probably can't carry him so..."

You sighed and ran a hair through your still wet hair.

"Fuck, okay. I'll get his arms if you get his legs."

"Okay."

You let go of Nick's hand, feeling a little bad when he immediately tried to reach for it again. You  lowered him onto his back first and then hooked your hands under his arms.

"Hey, you still with me?"

You received a hum from Nick which you deemed good enough.

"Okay, Ryan and I are gonna lift you up alright? It might hurt a little, I'm sorry."

Another hum. You glanced up at Ryan and he gave you a helpless shrug. You grimaced and then you and Ryan lifted him up in unison. Despite being quite tall he didn't weigh too much so between the two of you, you were able to support his weight. Nick let out a sound of pain which made you cringe.

"I'm sorry..."

You slowly maneuvered him around and into the wheelbarrow, managing to set him in what you thought would be at least a semi-comfortable position.

"You okay?"

"Fuck, that hurt..."

"I'm really sorry Nick, we're gonna get you back to the lodge now."

"Okay..."

You faced Ryan.

"Okay, let's go."

"Aren't you cold (Y/N)?"

Dylan asked suddenly and you realized that you'd never really stopped freezing, only forgetting about it due to everything going on. You tried to play it off, not wanting anyone to get even more concerned than they already were.

"Oh, yeah no I'm fine! Doing great, actually!"

"Alright, no."

Ryan started pulling off his shirt, knowing there was his white long-sleeved shirt underneath it, but Kaitlyn had already taken off her hoodie and was now handing it to you.