Chapter 2

The assembly took about thirty minutes.  It was a complete waste of time. Principal Howard was totally boring and was putting me to sleep. Besides the fact that I was trying hard to avoid Logan looks throughout the whole assembly, or trying so hard to avoid the questioning and knowing stares that Zoe gave me every time she caught Logan looking at me, the only reason why I didn’t fall asleep is because Eric Simpson, the only guy by far to be in the same five-star social rank like Logan, was sitting next to me. He was, like, ten minutes late and at first was going to squeeze his way next to Kate so that he could sit next to Zoe but when he did a double-take and saw me, I guess he changed his mind which totally ticked Zoe off.

When he sat down, he immediately wrapped his arm around my shoulders and starting talking to me in a low voice.

“Eric.” He said, smiling, his eyes piercing into mine.”Eric Simpson.”

“I know.” I said, without thinking. I blushed, “I, uh, Zoe told me about you. I’m Hailey Banks.”

“So what she tell you about me?” He asked, raising one eyebrow.

“Stuff about how you play, like every sport.”I said.

He grinned,” Did she tell you how good I was because I am this school’s MVP without me they would be nothing.”

I almost laughed. That was totally an overstatement. Zoe had already told me that Logan was the school’s best player and that Eric was second runner up, always trying to get back on top to being number one.

I bit my lip to keep from smiling, “Zoe told me that a guy named Logan Cain was the school’s star player.”

Eric’s faces harden and he let a few cuss words fly.”Of course she did. She’s still falling for him, that loser.”

He shook his head and then, looked me over from head to toe. “What’s your status?”

I blinked, “What?”

“You’re single aren’t you?”He asked, his eyes locked on mine.

I blushed, realizing what he was asking, “Oh, um, yeah.”

 “Perfect. So am I.” He said grinning, tightening his arm around my shoulders as he moved even closer (If possible) to me.

 I noticed that after seeing Eric’s arm around my shoulder, Logan didn’t bother to look back at me as much anymore.

                                    *************************

After the assembly was over, Eric and I split since he and I had different classes on the opposite sides of the school.

“I have English first, you?” Zoe asked, watching me as I watched Eric leave.

“Same for me.” I said, turning my attention back to her.

“Great.” She said grinning, linking her arm through mine. “I’ll lead the way while you tell me about what’s going on between you and Logan.”

I almost tripped over my own feet.”What?”

“Oh come on!” She said, studying me as the other students parted the hallways for us. “He was looking at you throughout the whole assembly!”

“So? I never met the guy before today and we got off on the wrong start.” I said.

“Really? You two just met?” She seemed to be relieved. “I thought-Anyway, whatever. So… what happened?”

I told her about what happened on my way to school and on my way into the auditorium.

“Well, I guess were good.” She said smiling. “Because I thought that you liked Logan and when I saw the way he was looking at you I-“

Perfect ChemistryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara