H o w l

Author's note:  So, this is my first real story here on Wattpad - as to say, one I have an intention of actually finishing and whatnot. I really hope you like it, I have the first couple chapters planned out and the plot (in my awesome opinion) seems pretty solid. I'd really love input, either good or bad. Let me know what you think.

I'll be dedicating chapters to people who give me some form of input, either by liking a chapter or commenting.

                                                                                        н σ ω ℓ

Chapter One: Bruises

            The heat rose into the air, making the small room humid and damp. I groaned inwardly as I reached out and felt the skin peeling hot water against my hand, but instead of recoiling and making it cooler I simply allowed myself to be burned. I deserved this punishment at the very least.

My thoughts drifted to the room down the hall, and who was laying fast asleep in my bed still. He didn’t stir when I pulled away the sheets and vanished to the bathroom, which was a relief since a part of me was fully aware of what could very well happen if he knew I had gotten up. He’d be upset.

Standing in front of the bathroom mirror I looked past the mist and took in the broken girl who looked back at me. She was ugly and worthless, every part of her deserved the bruises he had inflicted. Hell, she deserved worse.

The girl was thin, but not thin enough. Her body was disgusting, fat hanged from the worst places and her stomach bulged grotesquely. A black eye had begun to make its appearance known, daring to form around light green irises. Unable to look any longer, I turned from the reflection and adjusted the shower before stepping in.

I scrubbed mercilessly, until my skin was bright red. Tears were threatening to collapse from my eyes, I looked to the ceiling to stop them. Crying was pointless, it never helped nor did it change anything. Crying was weakness, and I had to at least try to be stronger.

Trembling now, I began to drift down a path I had promised myself I’d avoid. Visions of last night crept closer, and then devoured me whole. It was a mistake to think that I could just tell him it was over, it wasn’t fair to him. I deserved this punishment. I deserved each bruise on my body, right?

I turned off the water and reached for my towel, drying my hair first and then wrapping the soft white fabric around my body. There was a steady ache between my legs, and I suddenly found myself sobbing. I might have deserved the bruises, but this…?

For the first time he had raped me.

Like a film playing in my head, I saw the look on his face when I laid there begging him to stop. It was like he wasn’t even there, as if he had vanished from his body completely. My stomach knotted and churned, I gripped the counter for support. He didn’t even use a condom this time, and I wasn’t on the pill.

I opened the bathroom door, feeling a burst of cool air. Slightly surprised, I jumped at the sight of Adam glancing down at me with a stern frown. “Laura,” He sighed softly, reaching out and cupping the side of my face in his hand. My heart fluttered in my chest, and I couldn’t deny the love I had for his man. He kissed my nose. “I’m sorry, I got carried away. I love you.”

My mouth grew dry. “I love you too.”

Adam stroked a rebel strand of damp hair from  my face, his eyes lowered to meet mine. “I need you, I’d die without you,” He announced softly, but I could feel the anger surging from behind this curtain. It wasn’t him who needed me, god no. He was perfect, he was far too good for me and I was foolish to think I could leave. “I know I hurt you, and I’m sorry, babe. I’m trying, but you make it so hard sometimes.”