Conrart refused and got off his horse, drawing his sword. This more than anything broke my heart but Yozak probably didn't understand from the last time a sword was drawn against Conrart.
Conrart was pained to draw a sword against his friends, going against his own beliefs for the sake of following the Great One's orders.

"Yozak, stop it. I beg you", I begged sadly, "leave him alone!".

"Yozak, that's enough, please!" Yuri cried.

"Why won't he answer?" Wolfram asked angrily.

"Conrart if you won't return to his majesty's side, the least you can do is tell us why you betrayed him!" Günter asked.

"We all want to know" Yozak added sternly as he glared into Conrart's eyes.

They clashed swords, again and again, the sound of steel hurt me that no one could understand but me.
It didn't help when Yozak was teasing him for his sloppy footwork which was very unlike him, another indication that he was in pain for even have his sword pointed at his best friend.
Yozak whispers something to him which set Conrart disarmed Yozak and cornering him on the edge of the cliff.
We looked on in astonishment.

"Cut it out", Yuri yelled, "Conrad, stop it right now!".

There was silence for a moment, the air was thick with tension and anticipation as to what Conrart would do next. Yozak glanced over at me and looked me in the eye, in that moment he looked like he was saying goodbye, my breath got caught in my throat.

"You want my answer, well here it is" Conrart exclaimed.

With one swipe of his sword, Yozak plummeted to the bottom of the cliff. Everyone gasped and commented at their disbelief, I stared at the cliff edge, wide eyed as I recalled the night before he was making me laugh. He was thinking of everyone but himself and he more than anyone didn't want the people he cared about to be sad.

Yozak...

I began to feel lightheaded as I rested my hands on my forehead, "this can't... be happening... Yozak...", my body felt heavy as everything went dark.

Rina...!

Conrart's POV

I turned to my right to see that Rina had fainted, fallen from the horse.

"Rina!" Yuri cried worriedly.

"Rina, wake up!" Wolfram exclaimed.

"Miss Rina!" Günter and Hube called out.

I tried not to run over to her in front of the Big Shimaron soldiers to see if she was alright. She reminded me of Julia at that moment and how I heard how she had fallen from her horse.
Like mother, like daughter.
I knelt down to her to check if she was breathing, thank The Great One that she was.

"Is she alright?" I heard Yuri ask anxiously.

I gently picked her up in my arms, looking at Yuri blankly, "she's alright, she just fainted", then I turned around and climbed up on my saddle with Rina securely in front of me.

My heart ached to see that I caused her such distress. She had dark circles under her eyes, has she not been sleeping?
She looks thinner than I saw her last, she clearly had not been eating enough either.

Rina... I am so sorry...

Rina's POV

Some time seemed to have passed since I couldn't hear the sound of the river anymore. I felt arms wrapped around me as a horse trotted beneath me.
I slowly began to come around, I looked up to see Conrart looking straight ahead. I blinked then I remember Yozak falling, I balled my hands up into fists and hid my face in his chest.