My Little Brother

The most considerate helpful person I know today, started out in this world as a little brat. Mom and Dad had seven of us kids and when my brother Jim was born, he became my father's favorite.

Jim was a cute little boy with big brown eyes and a big smile to match. Dad took pride in seeing how mischievous he could teach Jim to be. When Jim was only two, he walked softly and carried a big stick.

Our dad passed away when Jim was only three. Our loving mother was left with us seven. She told my little brother…"Your dads gone to Heaven…and with God's help from above, I'll teach you how to love."

Mom began by getting rid of the big stick. But being only three, it was hard for Jim to see, he had to let go of that big stick from the tree. Eventually Jim learned this is not the way to be.

Mom taught Jim love and compassion for others and now he is the brother like no other. He's grown up to be as sweet and thoughtful as can be.

When my husband left us, my daughter and me…I wondered how we'd make it, but you see…when my world turned dark and I began to feel as if I could no longer be…

I called upon my brother and discovered that even though at his work…he's a busy supervisor…he gave me advice and I found he is wiser than any paid advisor.

One day my car broke down, I called Jim and asked what to do. He said I'll be right there and soon I heard my little girl say, "Mom Memo is here."

I knew help had arrived and Jim would be standing outside. Jim whistles as he works, he whistles all the time and that's how she knew Jim had arrived.

Through these years, I've learned…as well as being a good mechanic…Jim can also be a technician, a carpenter, a plumber and even an electrician.

A back injury he got from a fall as a child…has slowed him down, somewhat, but not a lot. He'll still be there if he knows there's a need and he will be whistling non-stop.

I'm taking this opportunity to praise another, I just had to tell you about my little brother. I thank you brother for all the support you have given me and others.

With love from, Bernigean