Chapter 4 : confrontation

As you were on your way to buy ingredients for dinner in the supermarket, your eyes caught on someone. 'we have met eachother before?' you thought as you stared at the person, few meters away from you more than you should have.

"You're going to pierce a hole through me" a familiar voice said not bothering to look at you making you snap back from your thoughts. 'ughhh so embarassing' you thought as your ears turned red because of embarassment.

"So, what? I bet you won't mind a single hole if I pierce through you. Lmao" you tried to play it off without showing you were actually embarassed.

"Yes, the audacity" Shifting his gaze at you with a little smile on his lips. "Have we met eachother before? You look familiar" you asked giving him an awkward smile and squinted eyes.

"Do you know what's the difference between a roach and me?" He asked you and you fell in your thoughts if he being serious right now, so you just tilted your head in confusion.

"A roach can fly and I can't." He stated and laughed on his own joke and you just stood there like that one emoji in confusion. As he stopped laughing you recalled a similar memory.

When you realised who he was and you told him something you shouldn't have. "But- I- I can explain-" you tried making an excuse but he stopped you. "You were drunk, I understand. No, explanation needed"

'That wasn't even my first time drinking, but I ended up being wasted. What the actual fuck' you thought, but there was nothing you could do. It was already done now.

"Ah, I have to buy ingredients now! Gotta go! Have good day ahead" You told him and ran away from there. "He is hot but oh gawd! That shit was embarassing but still funny!" You giggled as you picked up the ingredients quickly from shelves and was about to go to the billing counter.

You find some creeps were making the female staff uncomfortable. You were about to do something about them but saw HwaJin scaring them away. "He's a good man" you smiled and turned your heels towards the cashier and billing counter.

You saw HwaJin coming to counter, so you gave him a small smile and he smiled back. He stand right behind you in the line. "Sorry for my behaviour before. I was just embarassed" you said without turning at him.

"That's fine" he replied with a very comforting tone. His deep voice alone is soothing and comfortable.

"So if it's okay to ask, what do you do for a living?" You asked turning at his side because the line was already long.

"Something similar to teacher"

"Professor?"

"No"

"You'll get to know soon"

You give in to him as he didn't want to tell you.

"What about you?" He asked raising one of his brows.

"Uhm, used to be a librarian but I think now I have to take over my mom's real estate business which I really don't want to." you said as put your one hand inside your pocket.

"You don't have siblings?"

"I used to have a brother. Sangwoo." You don't know why you were telling him all these when you never told these to Yeonhui. He just felt more comfortable because he was a stranger and you wouldn't mind if he even judge you.

"What about you? Do you have siblings? Girlfriend? Wife? Parents?" You asked brushing away the useless thought.

"It's your turn" he said as he made you aware of your surroundings. You looked at your phone to see the time and you were late because Yeonhui were waiting for you at home with lunch.