[ 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚 ]

the group of six teenagers stood at the door, watching their parents greet isabel and steven's dad and his girlfriend.

"she's hot." andy admired the woman standing outside. she looked pretty young to be dating isabel's dad.

the corners of steven's mouth turned down. "dude."

"what?" andy said defensively. "i'm just saying what everybody else is thinking."

"i wasn't thinking that," isabel blurted out. her voice sounded serious.

that only tempted stella to try and make a joke to lighten the mood. "were you thinking that?" she smirked at the two fisher boys behind her.

they both shook their heads hesitantly, hiding their smiles that were fighting their way onto the faces. stella rolled her eyes playfully at the boys and focused back on the parents.

"yo, that could be their future stepmom," conrad said breathily.

steven scoffed and pushed conrad in the back. "dude, what the hell?"

"don't push me." conrad cocked his head to the side. the two began play-fighting.

isabel was trying to grab their attention after seeing the parents make their way to the door. "guys, they're coming, they're coming."

"ah!" conrad made a funny noise and jumped away from the door. the two fisher boys and the davis siblings ran away from the front room and hid in the backyard.

"go, go, go, go, go," they heard steven shoo them away.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

dad

Hey. I'm going to be

a little late.

read 5:25pm

stella read the text from her dad and shut her phone off without responding.

what's new? she thought to herself. it wasn't that much of a shocker that her dad was going to be late.

conrad noticed her expression from across the room and furrowed his eyebrows. stella caught his change in behavior and sat up straighter. he's gonna be late, she mouthed to him.

he nodded and raised an eyebrow, as if saying, and you're not jumping for joy?

stella laughed and shook her head at the ground. she would jump for joy if her dad just cancelled all together, but being late is good enough.

jeremiah was sitting near stella, aching to sit closer. he still didn't know where he stood with her, feelings wise. she was thinking about the same thing.

recently, she was all that was on his mind. whenever she would be sitting across the table from him, he'd wish that she was sat next to him. whenever he'd lay in bed at night, he'd wish that she'd be with him, falling asleep next to him like that other night. it was hard for him to watch her speak with training his eyes on her lips.

it wasn't much different for stella. she had the occasional daydream about jeremiah. when he would be talking to someone, she would admire his lips as well. but also, his nose and his eyes and his hair. 

she always felt like she needed more. if their hands grazed each other while passing by, she felt like she needed more contact. even the occasional hug wasn't enough to feed her adrenaline.

it was like there was a magnet between the two and there wasn't really anything stopping them. nothing but nerves.

jeremiah was describing his music taste to stella, giving her song recommendations here and there. she was paying attention. but also, not really. he was talking and she was staring at his face and the rest of his body eventually. it was at the point where she couldn't stop checking him out.