'chains'

        TWO TRIES LEFT.

        To feign such kindness.

        'evil'

        ONE TRY LEFT.

        To act inhuman.

        'eyelessjack'

        Login attempts exceeded. Account locked for 15 minutes.

        Jack slumped back on the couch and closed his hollowed eyes, moaning softly. He felt like it was so hard to breathe, like he couldn't breathe and needed air. Why... Why did he want inside that computer so badly...? Curiosity had always been one of his vices, it easily caused him in a lot of trouble. It was kind of what had gotten him in that whole mess in the first place... Just thinking of it made him want to scream and cry and shout, but suddenly he felt so dizzy and nauseous he might throw up again.

        For a while he just stayed like that, curled on the couch with his eyes squeezed shut. Eventually, though, he opened them and slowly shifted, reaching out a single hand to close the laptop. Rising, he slid it back in the case and slung it over his shoulder, heading for the window he'd used to enter. Soon he was far from the suburbs, walking through the forest at a slow pace. Looks like he wouldn't be doing any hunting tonight. Good thing he'd stocked up last time.

        Arriving back at the cabin, he opened the door and shuffled inside, dropping the case on the couch. Walking to his room, he paused as he passed [Name]'s door and slowly turned his head to look at it. A small sigh passed his lips as he quietly opened it, peering inside. Her covers were a mess, but she seemed to be asleep, or at least trying. When the door opened she shifted a bit and moaned softly, prompting him to quickly close it before she tried to get up.

        Purposefully making his steps loud as he walked back to the kitchen, he opened the fridge to grab a kidney. It was rare for him to save kidneys since he loved them so much, but he'd figured since he already had five others he could save one or two for special occasions. Vomiting his lunch and having a bunch of bad memories brought to the surface like the perfect occasion to treat himself. Not to celebrate or anything, but just to soothe his current mental anguish.

       As he munched on it he started to head for the back, only to freeze as he passed the window. Slowly backing up, he glanced at his reflection carefully. As usual, the pitch black night gave the window mirror-like qualities, and even if it wasn't a perfect reflection he easily noticed one difference about his appearance:

       He didn't have his mask.

       Shit.

{Reader's POV}

       After endless tossing and turning, I heard the front door open and groaned softly. Great... Jack was home. Was that sarcasm? I had no idea. My body was ready to crash, but my mind just wouldn't cooperate. I felt so hot, and no matter how I arranged the covers they were either too thick or too thin. After a while the pillow seemed flat no matter which way I flipped it, too, and feeling my arm through it did not help matters. Didn't help I kept feeling small cramps in my side.

       To add to the agony, I heard the bedroom door open. Great. That meant Jack probably wanted something. ...Or it was one of his friends. The thought didn't ease my concerns, and I started to sit up only to stop when the door closed and loud footsteps sounded, heading towards the front. I relaxed a little, having come to recognize Jack's footsteps, and flopped back onto the bed to resume my attempt at sleep.

       Needless to say, it was pretty futile.

       Ultimately I gave up and stood, shuffling to the door. I opened it and peeked out only to see a black blur barrel towards me, making me yelp and quickly close it. Shuddering, I leaned against it until I heard a small knock, making me jump. "Don't come out," Jack called from the other side. "Go back to sleep [Name], you're sick."

       "I can't sleep though," I grumbled to myself quietly, but apparently he heard it anyway.

       "Keep trying." I frowned and sighed, returning to bed reluctantly.

       Something told me this would be a long night.