"Well it's certainly lovely to meet you all! I have waited such a long time to meet such lovely girls."

Anne stared at Flora with such love and plans for them. The bell began to ring and the girls head inside. Flo quickly took her books and slate from Willow's saddle and then noticed a bush of lavender.

"Come on Florence!!" Dianna shouted from the door.

"Just one moment!" Florence called back.

She gently picked some of the flower heads and rubbed them between her hands, releasing it's beautiful scent. Florence proceeded to rub some on her neck and wrists. Flo smiled as she smelt her wrists. Lavender smelt just lovely.

"Hey." A voice came from behind Florence.

Flora jumped out of fright and turned bright red as she turned to face the figure.

"Goodness! You scared me!"

"My apologies miss, I didn't mean to scare you" The boy said.

"No it's alright."

"Are you new here?" He asked.

"I am."

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Gilbert Blythe."

"Florence Williams."

"That's such a unique name, it's very pretty." Gilbert replied with a smile.

"Oh thank you! It's actually a place in Italy."

"Italy? That's..cool."

Florence turned to head towards the building when Gilbert spoke again.

"I'd like to get to know you." He said with a smile.

"Well maybe you will." She said with a smirk and continued towards the school house.

Luckily the lesson hadn't begun yet and the students were just lingering around their desks and chatting.

"GILBERT!!" All the boys yelled happily.

Gilbert walked in with a smiled and greeted everyone. However Florence didn't see why there was so excitement and proceeded to walk over to the boys.

"What's all the commotion?" Flora asked quietly.

"Well, Gilbert has been away for quite a long time. Travelling." Dianna said as we all looked at him.

"That's nice. I would like to know about the places he went too." Florence stated.

"You don't like him do you?" Josie asked.

"Well I just met the boy!" Flora said in defence.

"Even if you did, ruby has dibs so you can't like him." Josie Pye said.

"Alright. I'll keep that in mind."

~

"Settle down class!" Mr Phillips called as he and an older girl entered the room.

"That's prissy.." Dianna whispered to me.

"Oh..what's she doing with the teacher?" Florence asked inquisitively.

"Well we have been lead to believe that they are courting but.."

"Woahhh really?" Flo whispered, accidently slipping into improper English.

"Yes." Anne said smiling at Florence.

Florence opened her assigned book. She must have read Romeo and Juliet a thousand times. She just loved the sophisticated and beautiful words within the book which made her feel happy.

"We need a Romeo and a Juliet to read please." Mr Phillips called, looking for volunteers.

Flo's hand shot up and some other did but not quite as fast as hers.
Gilbert also seemed to have raised his hand.

"We'll have..Gilbert and uhm what's your name girl?." Mr Phillips asked rather rudely.

"Florence Williams sir."

"Alright. Begin." Mr Phillips demanded dully.

"Parting is such sweet sorrow.." Florence read.

"But why must you leave my darling juliet?" Gilbert read beautifully, before looking up and making eye contact with Florence.

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

A/N

Hello! Thank you for reading chapter two, chapter three continues the day<3

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼