1.7 . get out of the tree, malfoy

Start from the beginning

       Watching the scowl cross his face filled her with satisfaction.

       He did in fact jump down from the tree, but only to stride closer to Harry with a mask of both anger and pride. A dangerous combination, Gaia noted.

       "I don't give a damn what you or your father think about me, Malfoy," Harry spat before the Slytherin could strike first. "He's vile and cruel. And you're pathetic."

       Satisfied with the damage done, the three Gryffindors started turning to make their leave. Gaia heard Malfoy mumble behind them. "Pathetic? I'll show you."

       Many things happened at once.

       Gaia turned to look behind her and found the Slytherin removing his wand from his pocket. She stopped and faced him, subconsciously taking a protective step in front of Harry. She tensed and waited for the spell, but instead a gruff voice met her ears.

       "Oh no you don't, Sonny!" Professor Moody had arrived and was just sending a spell in Malfoy's direction when Harry and Hermione finally turned to watch the scene. Before he could cast a spell, the blonde was hit with a yellow beam of light. A scream could be heard just before the Slytherin morphed and, at first glance, seemed to have disappeared.

       At the sound of a high pitched squeaking, however, Gaia turned her eyes to the ground and found a white ferret in some sort of panic. She and Harry beamed , while Hermione gasped and subtly shook her head.

       "That'll teach you to curse someone when their back is turned!" The teacher stomped closer and pointed his wand once more at the scrambling animal on the ground. Crabbe and Goyle stood, dumbfound, with expressions of sheer stupidity on their faces as they watched their leader rise up and down through the air in sync with the movements of Moody's wand. "You stinkin', cowardly, scummy-"

       "Professor Moody!" McGonagall called as she ran to join the group. "What are you doing?"

       "Teaching," he answered plainly.

       "Teaching?" she repeated as horror crossed her face. "Is- is that a student?"

       "Well, technically, it's a ferret."

       The woman did not seem at all pleased with his answer. Before she could do anything about it, though, Moody stepped forwards to Crabbe and pulled out his waistband, then stuffed the ferret down into his pants. The crowd roared with laughter while the Slytherin began hollering like mad.

       "Get it out! Get it out!" he cried.

       "Stand still, stand still!" Goyle rushed forward and reached his hands down Crabbe's trousers with no hesitation, causing the students to erupt into louder fits of laughter as the boy pulled the blond ferret from his friend's pants. As McGonagall ended the fun by transforming Draco Malfoy back into himself, Moody turned and gave Harry a sly wink.

       Malfoy reappeared facing the tree behind him, then turned and flinched upon seeing Professor Moody scowling down at him. His hair and robes were horribly disheveled, and the look in his eyes could only mean he had seen things he would not soon forget during his time as a rodent. 

       "My father will hear about this," he threatened, though it caused many students to only laugh harder, given that his harsh words did not at all match his nearly traumatized appearance. 

       "Is that a threat?" Moody demanded as he made his way forward, causing Draco to let out a shrill scream and stumble back.

       "Professor," McGonagall warned.