Chapter 8: Coyote Monarch

Start from the beginning

"Secretary Matt asked us to do it," the worker answered.

"Secretary Matt?" I asked.

"Yes, sir. Secretary Matt said that you told him to put her things and equipment on your ship."

"Is that so? HAHAHA," I faked a laugh as I scratched the back of my neck.

Wait, did I really say that?

Ah forget it, what has been done cannot be undone.

Though, this idea is a double-edged sword. I can keep an eye on her while I control the ship, but it can be dangerous, especially in battles.

"Anyway, thanks for taking care of the ship while I was gone." I said my goodbyes and stepped onto the bridge.

"No worries sir, it's what we do" he replied back.

After finishing our short conversation, we went inside the bridge.

I let Nathalie play with the toys, and I took the Captain's seat.

Now, all I need to do is wait for the workers to give the go signal.

While waiting, I should check everything if I have enough food and equipment with me.

Right, do I even need fuel and oil? Oh, what about shells?

I tried to look at it on the monitor but it doesn't show anything. And one thing came to my mind.

"Does this mean it doesn't require fuel or oil?"

Well, when I was still playing the game, it really does not require resources. Back when I first woke up in the middle of nowhere and sailed back, I didn't care about checking on its fuel and oils.

Maybe, there is a factory or facility inside the ship that I don't know about? I'll look for it later.

Anyway, after 10 minutes, the worker finally gave the go signal.

I then slowly pressed the 'W' key from the keyboard, making the throttle set to 1/2 sail, and then the ship slowly began to move.

If my calculation is correct, I will be sailing 12 knots instead of 32. This is because I have no idea if children can handle the speed of 32 or even 24 knots.

Seeing the ship sailing steadily on the open sea, I leaned back in my seat and waited for the destination.

This will probably take not hours, but days.

~

~

~

~

~

***

And several days later, I'm about to enter the water of Coyote Monarch.

There'll be patrolling ships, who are about to meet with us soon.

This is to be expected. How can they let someone in, without informing someone or the higher-ups that you will be visiting?

In this situation, I should be watching the monitor and radar for any approaching vessels.

But right now, I'm watching Nathalie playing with the toys given before. I'm quite surprised because she could move as other children do. I thought she wouldn't go near those things.

As time passed by, she gradually gets closer and plays more with the toys, especially the stuffed toy bear dressed as a ship's captain.

Anyway, while I was watching with Nathalie, a beeping sound finally rang out. This indicates that I have caught something on the radar.

I went back to the Captain Seat and...

As expected, 4 ships appeared on the radar. They are approximately 1800 yards from the ship's bow. And they're in a diamond formation.

Soon, the two of them broke up. One ship went to my port, while the other one went to the starboard side of the ship, somewhat surrounding me.

I responded back by stopping my ship. I didn't come here to fight, but just to go for a visit.

"Unknown Vessel, please identify yourself."

There was a moment of silence before they finally spoke.

Somehow, they used something like a megaphone because it can be heard not just from the ships, but from the surrounding waters too.

I'm amazed that they found a way to talk to someone outside of their chat groups.

Though, I'm wondering why the game developers didn't add voice chats. They do have chat systems but you can only use them if you're friends with that person or you're affiliated with the same nation/clan as that person. Because of this, we were forced to install other voice chat applications.

Anyway, how do I reply? It's not like I also have a piece of communication equipment similar to theirs.

"Oh, is this what they use?" I muttered when I saw a piece of radio equipment attached to the bottom of the seat.

And why they didn't tell me earlier? Is this even included in the game, or have they just made it here after 10 years?

Eh, forget it. With this, communication will make things easier. Not just by typing words and sending them in the chat.

Now, I should reply back...

"Uh, this is Captain Nathaniel von Gantzmann of the Heptaclan Federation." I said.

"And may I know the reason why Captain Nathaniel of the Heptaclan Federation is in the waters of Coyote Monarch?"

"Visiting"

"Visiting?" said by the person I'm talking to through the radio. The tone of the voice clearly shows the doubt about what I said.

"Yes, why? It's not like I can do a naval blockade alone"

"Haha, right. My apologies, sir"

And after confirming the reason why I am here, they let me inside, with 4 ships following me, like an escort.

~

Another day passed, and those four ships finally left when the port city of the Coyote Monarch was in sight.

The first thing I noticed was that there were more military vessels than civilian or support vessels parked.

Anyway,  I parked my ship in the vacant port and informed someone about my presence.

I then found myself sitting at a table outside of a cafe. I don't know why, but I just ordered a cake and a coffee.

It's a good thing that I arrived here safe and sound. But I don't know where to go and what to do here.

I wonder if I still need to go to the capital.

"Should I go back and do my mission?"

While I was thinking deeply, someone bumped into my back.

To be continued...