𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 ☘︎ 7

Start from the beginning

"...It's an honour representing my District..."

"So you're a fighter?"

"I'm prepared. I'm viscous. I'm ready to go!"

He again cheers himself off.

I watch through District Three and Four before a familiar face pops up. It's the red head one from the training centre that's really smart. I decide to call her Foxface, as the name fits and I think she's going to be a force to be reckoned with in the arena.

"...I find that I can apply myself to the situation present and I will be able to figure it out."

Soon she goes off.

They get through Six, Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten before I see little Rue take the stage. She looks beautiful in a little blue dress with puffy shoulders.

"...Good, so you can climb trees, you're pretty fast, and are you a hunter? A gatherer?"

She answers the questions nice and concisely, then Thresh is called and he does the opposite, responding with grunts and one word answers.

Finally, I get taken up to the stage and I cringe when I hear Ceasar's intro for me.

"From District Twelve, District Twelve you know her as the Girl on Fire! But we know her as the lovely Willow Hawthorne!"

I slowly walk out to Ceasar as everyone in the crowd goes ballistic. We sit down, him rather enthusiastically, me more refined, then comes the first question.

"Well, that was quite an entrance you made the other day," he hints at the fire. "Do you want to tell us about it?"

"Well I was just... hoping I wouldn't burn to death," I say honestly. Just be yourself, I think desperately. But who is myself?

That causes the crowd to laugh.

"When you stepped out of that chariot, my heart stopped," Ceasar turns to the audience. "Did anyone feel the same way? My heart, stopped."

"So did mine," I answer bluntly and honestly. Again, some laughs.

"Now, tell me about the flames, are they real?"

"Yes," I say impulsively. I look to the crowd and see Cinna, he nods slowly. "In fact I'm wearing them today, do you want to see?"

"Wait, wait, wait, is it safe?" Ceasar checks, and I giggle and nod.

Getting up, I look at the crowd. They almost don't deserve it, the amount of fake in them. However, I do do it.

I start to spin, trying to see the wonder in everyone's eyes as flames start to burn in a circle on the bottom of my dress. Once I stop, the flames burn out. Without any damage done to the dress at all.

"Now that was really something, thank you for that," Ceasar smiles at me. I nod slightly in return. "Now I have one more question to ask you, it's about your sister."

"She's... not my sister," I say. I know he's talking about Prim.

"Is she not?" Ceasar raises his eyebrows. "Well, I'm sure that we were all very moved, then, when you took her place at the reaping. Did she come to say goodbye to you?"