ix

within only the very early hours of sunrise, crunchy chip is shaken awake breathlessly, breathing with unstable rhythm, and looking around the room.
that was the most realistic dream he had ever experienced; but how would he explain to him that they had fucked in his dre--
hold on.
crunchy chip, now fully awakened, observes the room fully yet again. it was definitely not one of the chambers of the councils, as it was so small and cramped in whatever room he was in.
the window was also a lot more farther away than he remembered it--everything felt too far away!
even the bed felt extremely heavy, as if something is squeezing the entire bed flat due to its immense weight.. crunchy chip lifts up the duvet he was covered in to double check that there was nothing weighing down his bed. however, it was being weighed down, with the most unexpected thing. wildberry was revealed from under the lifted bedsheets, seeing his normally stern face sound asleep, just like a little baby.
and he was naked.
hastily tucking the sheets back where it was, crunchy chip looks away in bewilderment.
what the fuck is he doing here? lying down right next to me in my bed, completely naked..?

i'm definitely hallucinating the fuck outta myself.
crunchy chip tries his best to silently creep out of the bed and slip on his clothes as quick as possible, but ends up slipping on one of the untidied pieces metallic armoury which caused an extremely loud crash, and alarmingly shakes wildberry awake.
'what's going on? who goes there?' wildberry, half awake, groggily pushes his words out whilst his eyes were red and squinting, and his fists were clenched out for preperation.
crunchy chip was seen to be clumsily rubbing his head and scowling at himself, little whines of pain heard from his mouth like an injured dog.
'ahg. fuck.' he scornfully hits his thighs, only beginning to tremble violently after.
wildberry, head still mildly hazy from the night before, slides off away from the messied duvet, now exposing his entire naked body. crunchy chip ceases him to take another step closer, by holding out a hand to also prevent him seeing such a 'disturbing' sight.
wildberry's expression remains blank and somewhat confused.
'is something bothering you?' wildberry asks, picking up crunchy chip by the waist and gently placing him on the bed.
crunchy chip is still looking away from wildberry, now aggressively blocking his sight.
'wear something at least.'
wildberry looks down to see his lower body layered with nothing but air.
'my apologies.' he still didn't seem embarrassed, but was already half dressed.
'...i'm surprised that you're rejecting both my body and yours after last night.' wildberry continues. crunchy chip feels steam leaving his face.
'excuse me?'
wildberry looks away.
'is something wrong?'
crunchy chip sighs, preventing himself to act natural and not react. helping himself up slowly to avoid making eye contact, he feels his legs wobble into jelly, making him tumble again.
'fuck! what the hell is happening to me?'
wildberry helps him up the second time, gently picking him up by the waists to support him properly.
'it looks like you're possibly struggling to stand up properly. shall we head back to the council's building before we are hunted back by their soldiers?'
crunchy chip laughs, but then scrunches his nose again.
'trying to make a joke out of me again?'
'of course not. it looks like you just need to rest just for today. i can manage today's mission alone.' wildberry picks up the smaller cookie's entire body with ease, bridal style. blushing heavily, crunchy chip hides his face with his left arm, but does not complain in the situation he was put into.

...

running footsteps echo in the emptied hallways of the council's headquarters. in hope that nobody was searching for them, wildberry warily shifts his head left and right every now and then, hiding behind a box of untidied crates or beneath the crystal waters of a fountain.
now vividly out of breath, wildberry puts crunchy chip down as the pair reaches the dormitory they were provided with.
crunchy chip can barely make a limp forwards, and rushes towards his door when he could. slipping in the key silently and almost desperately, the door creaks open and the white-haired cookie leaps straight forward behind the door.
only his head and glittering golden eyes could be seen peeping from the door.
'thanks for leading me back here, i guess.' crunchy chip whispers into the cold yet solid wood of the door, battering his eyes slowly. wildberry bows in a polite, soldier-ly manner and turns around to set off. before he could catch himself on the first step, he is cut off by crunchy chip's 'psst' behind him.
'come here real quick.'
wildberry obeys without hesitation, walking directly to the door. crunchy chip grasps onto the handle of the door harshly, reaching out on his quaking tip-toes to plant a timid kiss onto his forehead.
'thanks yet again.' crunchy chip waves happily once more and then shuts the door without opening it again.
wildberry stands without making any movement, processing what he just did.

thump. thump. thump.

loud banging is heard from his chest even from outside his heavy armour. what was this feeling that only lingered when he was with crunchy chip?

as soon as wildberry could yet make another step, he is interrupted by another cookie, dark and tall, also coated in armour just as heavy as his own.

'so, you are the hollyberrian soldier that went missing for a night with my own guard.'