"You don't have to do this. I can-"

"It's no big deal. This often happens to us anyways. Expect more to come." He paused for a second. "I just can't understand why Jisung would go that far—it was just a test after all." He softly chuckled. Eight looked at him and with that, a chuckle like Mark's also followed.

His laugh is contagious.

"He didn't." Eight gave him a reassuring smile. "It was Jeno... earlier. Jisung just, uh, well... made it worse." She added with a light laugh.

"Of course it's Jeno." Mark whispered underneath his breath. "It's tough around here... especially on your early days." He followed.

"Why are you being friendly?" Eight asked tilting her head in curiosity. "I mean, the others doesn't seem that way."

"I hope you're not taking my words in the wrong direction." Mark said as his soft smile was slowly erased from his face.

"No, no, that's not what I meant..."

Definitely not.

"You just look the kindest here." She added.

"No one's kind here." He deadpanned, suddenly becoming cold.

"Mark," The door swung open followed by a voice.

"Right on time." Mark stated. "Let's get her treated."

"I don't even know her. Besides, she's not joining us." Haechan scoffed.

"That's not for you to decide."

"But-"

"Now." Mark's eyes changed. He now had a dominant one, scary enough to make you do whatever he wants.

"Whatever." Haechan rolled his eyes and walked towards Eight. He gave her one last look before focusing on her injured arm. He examined it thoroughly and every now and then Eight was hissing as the pain was starting to get intolerable.

Mark watched blankly as Haechan continued on his forte—medical assistance. Eight was trying to hold back her grunts and was continuously controlling her expression to not seem frail around them.

It was her only fear: to be remembered as weak.

||

"Where do you think you're going?" Jeno asked with hands in his pockets.

"Home." Eight answered shortly, she was headed towards the house's gate.

"Home? You think this is some game?" Jeno narrowed his eyes. His jaw was noticeably clenched.

Great! He's angry again.

"I don't understand." She frowned.

"You think you could just go out there after being in this place? I brought you here because you are now one of us, and when you're one of us, immediately you're in danger." He said with sharpness in each words. She knew that he was dead serious. "There are eyes all over us."

"Didn't I tell you that I know everything about you?" Eight's usual tone was back again. Her cockiness was Jeno's greatest annoyance. "Including your enemies."

"Are you threatening me?" He lifted an eyebrow.

"No." She paused and pulled Jeno by his necktie. Eight slowly pushed it up narrowing the space between Jeno's collar and his neck. "But you do have to know that I know more than you do..." She whispered.

When Jeno realized that his airway was slowly being narrowed by Eight he immediately pushed her away causing her to slightly stumble. Jeno took a step forward and leaned closer to Eight, pulling her harshly by the collar. His sudden action lifted her a bit as he was still taller than her.

"Don't ever try to fuck with me." He threatened. His breathing was noticeably faster—he was angry.

Eight had nothing but her usual sarcastic smile. "Let go." She stated in the calmest way one could ever deliver in this kind of situation.

Her and Jeno's eyes were once again locked. This time full of pride. Eight never did look away, she challenged him through her eyes. Jeno gave one last sigh before pushing her back and letting her go.

He looked as if he wanted to kill her with his eyes. On the other hand, Eight was just happy to finally be in Sueño. Jeno turned his heel away, leaving Eight in front of the gate.

"Bye, angry bird!" She yelled before exiting the mansion.

||

As soon as she got home, her cocky smile was quickly changed into a blank face. This time, there was no mask. It was just her—the true her.

She stepped in her house after unlocking several padlocks wrapped in her front door. She looked around checking if ever anything valuable got lost.

Her home was her treasure. Not because it had expensive things, but because it contained all her plans.

She went straight to her room and opened a cabinet. Eight pushed aside all her hanged clothes revealing pictures pinned secretly on the wall.

There was Sueño.

Pictures of each and every member.

All with their private informations.

But one thing was noticeable. Although, there were no pictures, the "Boss" and the "Godfather" were seen highlighted.

A smirk followed as she was staring at the pictures. Her finger then landed on the Godfather.

"Soon." She smiled. "Very soon."