"He and his team did amazing." I say, still in awe at how amazing the kitchen looks.

"Dear, this man is good with his hands." My mouth drops open as Molly shoots me a wink. Nolan coughs but looks around like he didn't hear what Molly just said.

"He's got a lot of talent." I smile and Nolan looks at me with a wide grin on his face. He winks and I feel my cheeks flush.

"I should probably head out, Mama made chicken wings." He winks before leaving a sweet kiss to Molly's cheek and then he walks up to me, a large smile plastered on his face. "Have a great night Emberly, like always I enjoyed our time." He places a small lingering kiss to my cheek before smoothly turning and leaving my cabin. He looks back over his shoulder one last time before he walks into the street.

My fingers move to the tingling spot of where his lips were just pressed. I feel myself swoon, I have never felt this before.

With Burke, it took a while for my feelings at first. He kept asking me out for coffee and I eventually caved, he was so adamant about giving him a chance. At the time I thought I might as well give him a chance, no one else really paid attention to me. Plus, he wasn't bad looking, in fact Burke is actually pretty attractive.

His short brown hair was always perfectly styled, hazel eyes were always grabbing my attention. His demeanor was always strong, a bit cocky, but I thought it was fairly attractive.

With Nolan, my feelings seem to be progressing quickly, naturally. It's terrifying really,

"So, you and Nolan seem to be getting closer." Molly stands there with a knowing look. I shake my head as I make my way back over to her.

"No, it's not like that. Plus I can't." I shrug my shoulders.

"Why can't you? I see no ring on that finger and no one else here." Molly raises her eyebrow as she stares at me. I just shake my head.

I'm not ready to spill my secrets, I'm not ready to talk about why I came here.

"Alright dear, you'll talk when you're ready. I just hope you don't hold it in for too long. I just wanted to see your thoughts on the kitchen." She smiles before giving my shoulder a squeeze. "Night dear." She smiles as she leaves.

My eyes scan for the note he wrote with the flowers. I'm a romantic, I can't help but want to admire what he said. The white notecard rests in my hands as I read over it a few times. A smile unwillingly tugs at my lips. My fingers let go, accidentally, as the note falls to the ground. I pick it up and notice a note on the back. Furrowing my eyebrows I turn the card over.

Would love to hear more from and about you, I left my number. Hopefully you shoot me a message so we can talk more instead of only in passing.

-Nolan

I never expected this, I was terrible at small talk with him, now he wants me to talk more?

I shouldn't.

Before I can second guess myself I pick up the note and type in the number on the card.

To: Nolan Benson

Hey, saw your note on the back. I'll add sneaky to your list of talents.

Maybe I should have waited to text him, I mean he did just leave my house and now I look desperate. I set my phone on the counter and rest my head in my hands.

Wait, I didn't tell him who it was. I quickly sit up and reach for my phone.

To: Nolan Benson

It's Emberly by the way, I should have said that in the first place.

Now, I look fucking stupid. Way to go Emberly, obviously he'd know it was you. It's not like he's giving his number out to a lot of people, it's a small town after all. The stress is too much, so I set my phone down and head to the bathroom to take a shower. Out of sight, out of mind.

I took a fairly quick shower, as much as I tried to convince myself it was because I was tired, I'd be lying if I didn't say I just wanted to check my phone. I change into my comfy white silk tank top and shorts before putting on the matching robe. My bare feet pad against the wood floor as I quickly descend down the steps.

Within seconds I'm impatiently checking my phone. My heart picks up speed when I see an unread message.

From: Nolan Benson

I'm so glad you read the back of the note, I was worried it was a dumb idea. Anyways..

From: Nolan Benson

Hey. :)

I'm an independent grown woman, I don't think I should be smiling this hard.

To: Nolan Benson

How was your mom's chicken wings?

I went to put my phone down to make tea but stopped when it vibrated, he already texted me back.

From: Nolan Benson

The best wings ever.

I laugh at the obnoxious amount of fire emojis he sent with it.

From: Nolan Benson

Did you eat?

From: Nolan Benson

Obviously, you ate at the diner, I'm dumb.

To: Nolan Benson

You're not dumb, but the food was delicious, I'm going to get fat by the burgers there.

From: Nolan Benson

God, I love a woman who can scarf down a burger. The diner is the best, their breakfast is so fucking good.

From there on we continue to text. It feels like my heart never slows down whenever I receive a message. I feel like I'm back in high school as I anticipate for the next text. The night flies by as I move to my bed. As much as I enjoyed staying up and talking to Nolan, I know it's time for me to sleep. Almost as if he read my mind, Nolan shoots me another text. The light from my phone blinds me, my eyes taking their time to adjust to the dark room.

From: Nolan Benson

I should let you sleep, goodnight Emmie, sweet dreams.

From: Unknown

I will find you, you can't hide forever bitch.

I know I won't get any sleep tonight.