Monica X Edelgard in Among Us VR!

A lone spaceship in the deep, quiet depths of space. "The Skeld" is home to six different crewmates. I, Monica von Ochs, was one of them. Next to me, the one and only emperor of Adrestia, Edelgard von Hresvelg. She controls the iconic red crewmate that has become the icon of the hit game Among Us VR. Hubert, donning the black outfit for his crewmate, stood by Edelgard's opposite side. Across the meeting table is the dangerous Caspar. To his left is Bernadetta, who only agreed to play because she could play from her room. On Caspar's other side is a sleeping man, Lindhart. An emergency meeting has just been called. Bernadetta called it. She must have seen someone acting sus! Or perhaps she's fessing up for her crimes because she handle the guilt!

"I think it's Caspar!" Bernadetta says.

"What? How? We just started not even one minute ago." Caspar says back at her.

"You swiped the card at Admin way too fast. No one gets it on their first try. No one!"

"Bernadetta isn't wrong there, Caspar. It's very rare for someone to do that," Edelgard says in Bernadetta's defense.

"Oh, come on. It just means I play a lot of Among Us. Just tell me I don't touch grass and call it a day," Caspar says.

"I saw him touch grass earlier today, he's deceiving you all." Bernadetta says.

Bernadetta locks in her vote. Edelgard confirms hers. Hubert follows after a short exhale. He really doesn't want to be here. I confirm my vote for Hubert because as soon as I get rid of him, Edelgard will stick close to me and maybe we can finally...hold hands. After waiting a short while because Lindhart was asleep, the voting began. Three votes for Caspar, one undecided, and one vote for Hubert.

"Why did you vote for me, Monica?" Hubert asks in the slimy tone of his.

"You seem sus."

"Very well. Either way, Caspar is out," Hubert says. Caspar frowns as his body is thrown into the nothingness of space.

"Caspar was not The Impostor."

Five remaining. Well, four. Lindhart doesn't count at this point.

The four of us go our own separate ways. I trail behind Edelgard. Not because I think she's the impostor, but because I admire her and she saved my life. The way she stops at each station leads me to believe that she isn't the impostor. I must protect her so that we can make it to the end together. How can I scheme up a way to get one of the other two out? Time to call and emergency meeting. Those Who Slither in The Dark taught me a few manipulative tricks, time to put one in action!

*Bzzzt*

EMERGENCY MEETING!

"Hubert is the impostor because he doesn't agree with Those Who Slither in the Dark," I say.

"I believe it!" Bernadetta says and locks in her vote.

"What do Those Who Slither in the Dark have to do with Among Us VR?" Hubert asks. I confirm my vote for him. This is too easy. Perhaps we should take more notes from Those Who Slither in the Dark.

"Yeah, I don't know how that proves a point, Monica. It makes me think you might be the impostor," Edelgard suggests. My heart breaks into two pieces. How could Edelgard see me as a traitor? I would never twist a knife in her back like Kronya would.

"I'm sorry, Edelgard. I just saw him moving from station to station very fast. I just assumed he wasn't actually doing his tasks," I say in defense.

"How did you see me if you were following Edelgard the entire time?" Hubert asks. How did he know? I was so sneaky. Hubert can't be sneakier than me. I'm the sneakiest sneak in all of Fódlan!

"How did you know I was following Edelgard the entire time? Sounds like you're deflecting here, Hubert. Give it up," I say proudly. Hubert sighs as he locks in his vote. Edelgard votes as well. Two votes for Hubert, one vote for me, and two indecisive votes. Edelgard joined Lindhart in the neutral corner this round. What matters is that Hubert is out.

"Hubert was not The Impostor."

Dang, I was sure of it. Oh well, nothing to stop me from being alone with Edelgard. Bernadetta will give us enough space alone. As the round starts up, I tag along with Edelgard. Suddenly, Bernadetta barges in on our tag team. She likely doesn't want to be alone, but unfortunately we don't know because voice chat isn't active outside of meetings and because she's in her room while the rest of us are in the common area playing. I can tell by Edelgard's consistent exhales that she's tired of Bernadetta being with us. She makes her way to the button.

*Bzzzt*

EMERGENCY MEETING!

"Bernadetta, why are you following us?" Edelgard asks.

"I'm scared to be alone. What if the impostor attacks me and jump scares me," she says.

"It's literally just us three left. Unless Lindhart is the impostor, we're going to be one of the ones who kills you. So why would you spend time around us?" Edelgard asks.

"That's a really good point. This game is too scary. Can we play Beat Saber instead?"

"Should we vote you out so you can go play Beat Saber, Bernadetta?" I ask in the nicest tone I can muster up.

"I think that's a good idea," Bernadetta says. Edelgard sighs. We both vote for Bernadetta.

"Bernadetta was not The Impostor."

Finally, the time has come. Edelgard and I alone. I follow her as she finishes up her tasks.

"Those are all my tasks done, Monica. How are yours?" Edelgard asks. I look at my tasks, but I can't find them. This is technically my second time playing the game. I look all over my HUD for them when it finally hit me. I was too caught up making sure Edelgard and I would end up alone together that I forgot I WAS THE IMPOSTOR!

"Uh...well. Follow me! I have to go to Electrical to push a button," I say. Edelgard and I make our way to Electrical. Before the game, I planned where the scariest part of the map was to go when it was just her and I remaining. She'll be so scared that she'll give into fear and grab my hand. The warmth of her hand will fill my soul and motivation for the next hundred years. I can't wait! We arrive at Electrical, and I stand in front of the big machines pretending to do my tasks.

"Monica?" Edelgard says. Here it comes, I can feel her heart pounding from fear.

"Yes, Edelgard?" I respond.

"Are you the impostor?" she asks.

I'm. Shook. How did she know? I don't even know what to say. This isn't what was supposed to happen. I just want to feel her hand in mine.

"You're standing in front of a machine that isn't tied to a task. I know this is one of your first games so I understand, you're learning," Edelgard says. She puts it in such a nice way. I guess I should come forward about it. Maybe she'll still want to hold my hand despite working for the enemy.

"Sorry, Edelgard. You're right. I am the impostor. I didn't realize I was until—"

*Bzzzt*

EMERGENCY MEETING!

Who called that? Both Edelgard and I were in Electrical. Unless...

"Monica sus," says Lindhart.

NO WAY!

Lindhart and Edelgard both vote for me. I launch out of The Skeld to my death.

"Monica was The Impostor."

"Victory."

Edelgard, Bernadetta, Lindhart, and Hubert all won. The pain. The betrayal. We all take off our headsets. Hubert looks very unimpressed, but that's normal. Caspar is laughing and cheering on Lindhart. I look over to Edelgard, who is smiling wide and brightly. She's so happy and proud that she won a game. And you know what? Maybe I didn't get to hold her hand today, but I got to see her smile because of me. That's all I could ask for!