Friends

AT SCHOOL

I'm Tessa Wells, and this is my best friend Lucas. Let's just get right to it, I've had a MAJOR crush on him since the 2nd grade. I'm in high school, yeah yeah I know. It's stupid, but everyday my crush for him grows. I'm not obsessed though! I just write our names in hearts 24/7. But my other best friend Liz tell me it's stupid and childish, she doesn't mean it in a bad way. I know it is, but what have I got to lose? There's no way he'll find out.

"Hey!" Lucas walks up to me. "Oh, hi!" He puts his arm over my shoulder and I blush. "What's up with you? You've been so... I don't know... Blushy and Smiley?" I look at him and laugh. "blushy and smiley?" We both laugh and he rolls his eyes. *ring ring* The bell rings and we hug. "See you after class dummy!" He shouts. 

AFTER SCHOOL

"Wanna come over?" Lucas asks me. "Sure!" I grab my phone and text my parents that I'll be over at Lucas' and they agree. "Kay, come on!" He starts the car and drives out of the parking spot and waves for me to get in. I get in the car and he drives to his house. 

LUCAS' HOUSE

"What do you wanna do?" I wonder while I hop out of the car. "Uhh, I don't know? How 'bout a classic. Truth or Dare?" Truth or Dare was OUR game in elementary school, we would go on for hours and not stop until our parents either told us to go to bed or to be quiet. "Why not?" I open the door to Laura(Lucas' mom) cooking spaghetti. "Hey Tess!" His mom loves me. "Oooo spaghetti! I hope you have extra for me!" She laughs and puts some of it in a plastic container. "Extra? I know to make enough." She hands me the bowl with a fork. "But I had a feeling you were coming, so here you go dear." She goes back to serve up more for Lucas and something catches my eye. "COOKIE!" I scream when I realize cookie (Lucas' dog) is running towards me and in a hurry I put the bowl on the counter and catch him in my arms. Lucas looks at me and laughs. "C'mon let's go to my room."I set cookie down on the chair and grab my bowl. "Don't forget your bowl lucas!" Laura says while putting his bowl on the counter. "OKKKKK" He says in an annoyed tone and we manage to get upstairs without any more "distractions". "Truth or dare?" I say while Lucas opens the door. "Dare." He says while eating the spaghetti, mouth full which is disgusting but oh well. "I dare you too... Text your crush!" He looks at me in confusion. "I'm not telling you who my crush is-" I roll my eyes. "Why?! We're best friends!". "Ok? I just can't do this dare so pick something else." What's gotten into him? We used to tell each other everything. "Truth or Dare?" He says. "Uhh, truth!" He smirks and asks "Who's your current crush?" I roll my eyes. "I can't tell you!" I take a bite or the spaghetti nervously. "See?" I roll my eyes and take another bite of the spaghetti. "Truth or Dare?" I ask him. "Truth." I think to myself. "Oh! If you could kiss anyone, who would you kiss?" He looks down at his hands. "Lucas?" He quickly throws his head up and kisses me. WHAT THE FUCK?! "You." I sit in shock with my eyes wide open and jaw practically on the ground. "I... I don't know what to say, Lucas..." He backs down as I glare at him. Why me? A few minutes pass and he finally speaks up. "You're my crush. Isn't that clear? A-at least now?" "YES- it's just.. I don't know." I've liked him forever and have been waiting for this moment for my whole life, but now that I get to it.. I'm just scared. "Do you like me back?" He says hesitantly like a scared puppy. I move my bowl to the side of him and kiss him. "Does that answer your question?" I felt something in me, something I've never felt before. I feel comfortable to show everything that I've felt the past few years. I've never seen this side of him... He sits next to me at the end of his bed and throws his head back. "Well what now?" He says anxiously. "I don't know... What do you want to happen next?" I say. "I want... To kiss you again." He grabs me and puts me on his lap. I grab his face and kiss him. Next thing we know his mom is knocking on his door. "Tess, you wanna stay over?" I jumped off of his lap. "Yeah!" Fuck, this means im gonna have to deal with the awkwardness all night long... "Wanna just watch a movie instead?" I say while looking at Lucas. "Sure." We get on his bed and he turns on a movie. I start to get sleepy moments later. I then doze off. He grabs my waist hesitantly and falls asleep holding me. I guess the night wasn't as awkward as I thought it'd be...

-----------

HiHi!! I hope your Wednesday is going great! This isn't my first book, but I know I can improve in so many ways so if you have any tips for me it would be much appreciated!! ily guys <3