reckless youth

subtle romance, friendship, angst and slice of life.

note: this chapter is an attempt to portray a suffocating slow burn romance in between two people, so you can expect a frustrating push and pull focused on life and consequences over romance rather than the romance itself.

comment will be very much appreciated, i want to know what you think~ i really missed reading your comments, and i wish you missed me publishing, too. ♡

enjoy ♡

inspiration: business proposal, hospital playlist, soundtrack #1

word count: 15466 words

♡♡♡

let's forget about it - mido and falasol
another one year - mido and falasol
heart burn - sunmi
day and night - jung seung hwan
for lovers who hesitate - jannabi
a thought on an autum night - jannabi
future - red velvet

♡♡♡

reckless youth.

a stage of a life wherein reality is bounded to be denied, where youth is the dominant trait for bravery in risking things.

but denial upon feelings could also mean risking to lose it.

"let's settle this once and for all."

a deep sigh escaped the woman's lips, throwing her head back while pursing her lips, facing her set of friends once more before muttering. "are you- really- aiming for another round of drinks?" she asks them, only to hear a loud and sarcastic chuckle from another young man, telling her.

"would you be wasted enough in three rounds!?" he retorted, only to be interrupted by another young man.

"YES!" another woman cried in reply, before being joined by the first one, murmuring. "they are really going insane, i have my practices for tomorrow."

"ani, you can do that." the man retorted.

"listen to me- ah, SEOKJIN! stop sandeul from doing stupid things!" the lady cried.

"hey! i was not doing anything when you told me that you wanted to go camping, byul-ah!" sandeul retorted, seeing byulyi scowl, whispering.

"you do know that you're opening an entire portal of her camping stories, right?" the other woman whispers, hearing sandeul sigh in disbelief, hearing byulyi taking a heavy sigh to start talking that they should be gathering to camp altogether.

"heeyeon, you're listening, right?" she asks, seeing heeyeon laughing out of guilt for not listening, taking a bite of the meat before nodding.

seokjin lets out a huge chuckle after hearing her demanding voice once more, nonchalantly peeling the shrimp with his bare hands, listening to the woman in front of him, gushing about her excitement about camping, and her denial of drinking another round of drinks.

"yes?" he half-heartedly waited for her to continue, but he was busy enjoying the squeak in her voice each time she'll cry about her hobbies.

"we are listening." heeyeon giggled softly, ignoring the antics of seeing seokjin peeling the shrimp without saying anything, lowering the pieces in byulyi's plate.

subtly taking her eyes away from his natural habit each time they would eat outside, she could only shake her head and wonder how byulyi was never catching any feelings for him when he's always there to do anything for her even when unsaid.