Chapter 2

Here goes my second chapter! Hope you like it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Tessa, shopping!" Wait, what?

My mom's head pops into my doorway. Whoa, she's actually smiling...

Let's just say I haven't seen my mom smile in a while. I guess life hasn't exactly been easy on her either. My dad ditched when I was only six months old, raising me wouldn't have been a simple task, plus money's been pretty tight since we adoped my little sister, Greta, a few years ago.

"Tessa?" Oops, sorry mom. Zoned out there for a second.

I carefully keep a sweet smile plastered on my face as I brace myself, knowing the lengths my mom would go to just to make sure I "fit in" in school. I slowly turn myself towards the door, but my mom doesn't bother waiting for me, instead grabbing the handlebars of my wheelchair and practically pulling me out the door and into the car.

Hours later, I slump, exhausted, into my chair. I've never really been bothered with my appearance and neither has my mom, considering I rarely go anywhere, but I guess this whole school thing has really turned my mom's priorities upside-down.

"Oh, honey, you look so amazing!" There goes my mom again.

"Tessy, you look like a panda," Audrey pipes up. My mom looks slightly embarrassed and puts the eyeliner pencil down, patting it gently.

Ok, that's it. I'm not putting up with this any longer. I lean over and grab a pencil and a notepad from the nearby counter, scribbling "MOM, STOP!" on it and shoving the paper under her nose.

My mom glances at the paper, startled by my abruptness, then says, "But, honey, don't you want to look good on your first day? Make a good first impression?"

I take the paper back and write, Mom, I want to look like myself tomorrow--and a panda is not myself. And besides, I honestly don't think a panda walking into school is going to make that great of a first impression. See, I have a sense of humor! :)

My mom takes the paper from me and chuckles softly as her eyes scan down the page. "Why, what's wrong with pandas?" She looks up, mock glaring at me and faking offense.

I smile sweetly and shake my head, at the same time, grabbing a tissue and wiping desperately at at my face to remove what I could of the makeup. Though the eyeliner claimed to be easily removable, I had serious doubts considering the amount my mom had used...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so this is the edited version and I hope you guys enjoyed it! It will get more interesting later--I promise :)