"lost without her"

A few months later: Y/n's POV

I was in my room reading my mom's journal.

I broke my sword fighting this super powerful demon and this guy named Hotaru delivered my sword. Apparently the swordsmith who used to make my swords had passed away and Hotaru was replacing him. He was young, I think he was my age and seemed a little timid. I don't know why, but I really found him interesting even though I didn't even see his face

-Tamiko Ono

So, I broke my sword again and Hotaru delivered a new one to me, this time he wrote me this love letter and it made my heart do flips. I got the courage to ask him out so we're going to get dango next week.

-Tamiko Ono

So I've been going out with Hotaru for a few months now and I saw him without his mask for this first time. He was so handsome, his hair was long and silky and he had these green eyes. It was like looking at jade. But that's not even the craziest part, he kissed me. My heart was beating so fast that I couldn't count how many times it pounded against my chest. I really like Hotaru and I want to spend more time with him.

-Tamiko Ono

That entry reminded me of how I felt when I was with Inosuke it had been like three or four months and I missed him so much. For some reason I missed arguing with him too.

I still cannot believe what happened today. So I was with Hotaru and we were looking at some flowers and he asked me to marry him because he said that he couldn't stop thinking about me. Ever since we first met, I was all that was on his mind. So I'm officially engaged and on every mission I get the most heartfelt letters from him.

-Tamiko Ono

So Hotaru and I have been married for a while now and I'm pregnant! I'm so excited to meet this baby and see my family grow, I was talking to Kotoha and she let me meet Inosuke. Hopefully he'll become friends with my baby when they're born. I'm getting ahead of myself, this baby hasn't even been born yet.

-Tamiko Haganezuka (That still feels weird to write)

My mom knew Inosuke's mom. That explains why she was in her memories and why I saw Inosuke as a baby. She pretty much predicted that I'd meet with Inosuke. I skipped a few pages and saw an entry from my dad.

Y/n is only a few months old and she's already making me nervous. She had a hard time going to sleep at night and the only thing that kept her calm were wind chimes, so I have them in her bedroom but I think that's useless because she refuses to sleep in her room. She only wants to sleep next to me, so if that's what she wants, that's what she gets. I refuse to let myself make her miserable.

-Hotaru Haganezuka

That entry really made me realize how much my dad has done for me. Since he was 22 he tried his best to give me the best life ever and for 15 years he has kept his promise to Mom. I didn't know her but from those entries, I learned so much about my parents.

Inosuke's POV

"Tanjiro, how do you spell Haganezuka?" I asked him. "h-a-g-a-n-e-z-u-k-a" he replied. "Are you writing him the letter?" Zenitsu asked. "Yeah, but he might say no. The last time we saw him, he seemed really angry" I said. "Inosuke, he might change his mind once he sees how much you care about his daughter" Tanjiro said. "Yeah, we believe you" Zenitsu gave me a reassuring smile.

Over the past few months, Tanjiro and Zenitsu taught me how to read and write and now I was writing a letter to Y/n's dad. Usually I'm not afraid of anything but this letter was making me nervous, I felt beads of sweat on my forehead as I wrote. Once I was done, I handed the letter to Tanjiro.

"Can you proofread it?" I asked him. "Sure" he replied to me.

Zenitsu looked over his shoulder and read it too. They both took their time to read it.

"There's no way he'd say no" Zenitsu said. "Yeah that letter is perfect" Tanjiro agreed with him.

The next morning, I got up early and went to the swordsmith village. I arrived there before noon and knocked on Mr. Haganezuka's door.

Hotaru's POV

I woke up saw Inosuke at my doorstep.

"Did you break your sword again?" I asked him. "No, I have a letter for you" he handed me a paper.

I looked at it.

"Come in" I said to him.

He sat down in the living room and I took off my mask. I could tell that he was shocked by my appearance.

"I'm going to get my glasses" I said to him.

I came back and sat down. Inosuke looked so nervous, he kinda reminded me of myself when I first met Tamiko.

Mr. Hotaru Haganezuka,

As you know, I was the one who took Y/n home after she delivered Tanjiro's sword. In my honest opinion, I don't think we got along at first, but I soon realized that your daughter was a very remarkable young woman. It didn't really hit me until she snook out of your house so she could rescue me. She was willing to put herself in danger and getting in trouble with you just so she could save me. That really opened my eyes. The next day she woke me up and took care of my injuries. I never asked her for anything, she just did those things out of the kindness in her heart. When she came back home to you, I felt lost without her. Yeah, I had my friends but it wasn't the same. I've been learning how to read and write so I could give you this letter. The main reason why I'm writing this is so I can ask you something. I may be young but in the future, I want to have Y/n as my bride. I want her to be by my side for a really long time. I'm sorry if I'm taking your daughter away from you but I love her so much. I don't think I can explain how much I love her in one day. I can list more than one hundred reasons why she's special to me. Your name means firefly and your daughter is like a firefly to me. She shines bright and whenever I'm lost, just thinking about her is enough to make me feel like I'm not alone. All my negative feelings and emotions go away when I think of her. So please consider letting me be her husband in the future.

-Inosuke Hashibira

"My god, I didn't know you could write like that. I'll tell you what, I'm okay with you marrying her in the future as long as she wants to marry you" I explained to Inosuke.

His face lit up.

"But...if you hurt her, I'll rip your limbs off" I threatened him. "I promise I won't!" he replied without hesitation. "Y/n! Come here" I called out to her.

She came into the living room and when she saw Inosuke her eyes went wide. Y/n was not expecting to see him sitting in our living room.

"Would you like to marry Inosuke in a few years?" I asked her. "Yes, yes I would, I really love him dad" she said.

I could tell that she was at a lost for words.

"You got your answer" I smiled at Inosuke. "I'm gonna go for a walk" Y/n said as Inosuke followed him.

As soon as they left, I shed a tear. I can't believe that I actually said yes. I was finally ready to see her grow up. I always feared that this day would come but I've learned to trust Inosuke and I saw how much effort he put into this for Y/n's sake. How could I say no?