Chapter 5:Friendship

Start from the beginning

"You can ask,"Hua Cheng said quickly as he smiled at Xie Lian, surprising him before he cleared his throat gathering his thoughts into a neat string of questions.

"En...well your family works here, right?Do you live here?"Xie Lian asked curiously.

"My Uncle and Aunt own this studio, I just use access of the rooms here, since they're noise concealing rooms, and the apartment I live at don't have those.I try to be considerate of my neighbors by coming here to play my instruments."Hua Cheng explains as they find seats, sitting as they talk."I also keep my instrument here, so it's more convenient."

"I see, that makes sense.What instrument do you play?"Xie Lian asked, feeling comfortable asking questions as he relaxed on the cushions of the chair he sat on.

"Guitar and Vocals."Hua Cheng stated and Xie Lian grinned at that.

"Can you sing to me?"Xie Lian asked and was about to reverse his words thinking Hua Cheng would decline but then Hua Cheng's voice rang, his throat rumbled deep, and thick like honey sweet.Xie Lian's heart thumped with an excited hum as he leaned back closing his eyes to listen carefully to the delicate sound of Hua Cheng's voice.

And for a long time, I remember,
Saying prayers for something perfect,
Saying prayers for someone kind.
It's in my head,
We're spinning circles down the avenues instead.
You're the reason I come home.
You're the reason I come home, my love.
You're the reason that when everything I know falls apart...
Well, you're the reason I come home

Hua Cheng's voice rang in the air, and Xie Lian felt himself absorb the words in his ears as he tasted the sweet rhythm of it.His eyes opened slowly as Hua Cheng's voice rang soft until it dissipated like mist on a sunny day after a downpour.Xie Lian's eyes scanned Hua Cheng's features as silence thickened between them."Beautiful,"The word slipped through his lips like water flowing in a river, so natural and so easy that he almost didn't register that he said it.Hua Cheng grinned as he leaned closer to Xie Lian.

"Gege's voice is much more beautiful than mine."He stated his eyes gleaming with a happy light that Xie Lian could smile at forever.Xie Lian was about to retort when he heard a throat clear.Xie Lian's eyes leaped to the source of the sound.It was the women from before, and this time a man stood behind her, the man was grinning and Xie Lian felt his face heat before averting his eyes.Hua Cheng didn't turn his gaze to them, his eyes solely on Xie Lian, even as he addressed the two behind him.

"It's been a long time since I've heard you sing, Hua Cheng,"The man said as he walked over to the two.Allowing himself to sit down beside them."It's nice to meet you,"The man said to Xie Lian, reaching out a hand to shake.

"En, it's nice to meet you too."Xie Lian said quickly, his eyes averting Hua Cheng's quickly.

"What's your name?"The man asked and Xie Lian couldn't get an answer out as Hua Cheng's deep voice vibrated in the air.

"Xie Lian."Hua Cheng stated swiftly as he crossed his arms around his chest.Xie Lian peeked toward him and saw an expression he couldn't quite decipher on Hua Cheng's face.Xie Lian quickly pulled his hand away from the man's as there greeting ended the man continued to talk.

"As you probably already know, I'm Hua Cheng's uncle,"He said and Xie Lian nodded."And I need to discuss something with him right now so if you could lea-!"Before the man could finish his sentence Hua Cheng stood up quickly.

"Gege.You don't have to leave.I'll speak to my uncle later."Hua Cheng said his eye glaring at the man and his uncle just smiled as if this was normal for them to do.

"Ok, I'll talk to you later then Hua Cheng."His uncle said as he walked away.Xie Lian felt a tension that made his spine shiver.

"San Lang?"Xie Lian asked and Hua Cheng's gaze fell on Xie Lian and he smiled softly.