ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴀᴜɴᴛ

Start from the beginning

"Who's Hermione Granger?"

"One of Harry Potter's best friends. You've probably met her on one of your missions. She's always hanging around that Weasley kid. I think they're dating."

"Draco, the gossiper," Devon teased, starting towards his bedroom door.

"Am not! Where are you going?" Draco stood up from the bed, following her instantly and without hesitation.

"Down to the kitchens for a drink. Coming along? Never mind, of course, you are," Devon stated knowingly.

"What kind of drink? If you want something strong, redirect from the kitchens to my father's office." Draco took the lead, starting the two down the stairs.

"You know me so well," she remarked sarcastically.

The two, after a long walk, finally arrived in Lucius' office. Upon entry, Devon's eyes scanned for anyone in the room. When she found no one, she confidently strutted inside, and sat down in the big chair. Draco made a beeline for a small cabinet, as if knowing exactly where he was going.

"Been here before, Draco?" Devon teased, raising her eyebrows. She lifted her legs on to the table, crossing them over each other.

Draco looked up from his place crouched on the floor. "You know me, Ann." He smirked deviously. He opened the cabinet, taking out a bottle of witch's brew. He uncorked the bottle, taking a long swig of the alcoholic beverage. He handed the bottle to Devon, seeming unaffected by the drink.

Devon had an impressed—and slightly surprised—look on her face.

She took the bottle from him, taking just as long of a sip.

"You know, technically we don't have to sneak around. We're both of age." Devon took another sip before putting the bottle on the desk her feet rested upon.

Draco looked down at her legs, rolling his eyes. He searched for another chair, but found none. He pushed her legs off the desk, gesturing for her to move. She raised her eyebrows. The two were silent in this exchange. He rolled his eyes dramatically, as she didn't understand what he was trying to silently say. Draco put two hands under her arms, lifting her up effortlessly to put her on top of the desk. Devon had wide eyes and a flustered expression. Draco raised his eyebrows again to ask her to object.

She did no such thing.

Draco sat down in his father's chair, leaning back in the furniture. He took the bottle from beside Devon, taking a long drink. He extended it to her.

She took it, putting it beside her instead of taking a sip.

"So," he started off. That caught her attention. She became attentive, crossing her legs to get more comfortable and to have more coverage with her dark green, pencil skirt. Draco insisted on the color.

"So?" Devon encouraged. She took a sip from the bottle.

"How much longer do you believe this war will continue?"

"Well, with the way things are looking, a little while longer. I mean, the boy the Dark Lord is trying to kill has disappeared. There hasn't been a sighting of him since the Ministry incident. But after our Lord finds him, it won't be long." To this, Devon took a longer swig.