[ 03. this band is back ]

Start from the beginning

"One, two, three, four."

"Can you? Can you hear me?"

"Yep, loud and clear."

"We gotta get, gotta get ready."

Luke wasn't wrong, Reggie already had his usual grin on his face as he sang.

"Cause it's been years!"

"Woah, oh, oh, oh. This band is back."

Luke, Alex and I joined in together.

"Woah, oh, oh, oh. This band is back."

Reggie jumped around on chairs that sat on the grass and people around the beach started to dance.

"Woohoo, ooh, ooh. Woohoo, ooh, ooh. Woohoo, ooh, ooh."

"Can you?"

"Yes, we can."

"Can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear!"

We skipped and jumped and spun around. It was fun, like things hadn't changed at all since we died.

"We gotta get, wanna get, we gotta get ready. Cause it's been years!"

I looked up at Reggie who was on a chair dancing with the biggest smile I've had in a while.

"Woah, oh, oh, oh. This band is back. Woah, oh, oh, oh. This band is back."

"You won't find a speaker." A guy told his friend as they sat on the chairs. "It's direct spot audio. I heard about it in a TED talk."

"Cool." The girl he was talking to giggled.

As we started moving away, Reggie grabbed my hands and spun me around a few times while we danced.

---

"You know, guys, I really don't think she'll be very happy if she finds we're up here. Plus, it's creepy." I crossed my arms.

Reggie was lying like a starfish on Julie's bed, Alex tried to pick up a picture, and Luke kept on staring at a box on one of Julie's shelves. I just stood by Julie's closet awkwardly.

"What are you doing in my room?" Julie exclaimed immediately after she walked in.

"Uh..."

"Um..."

"We were looking for the kitchen?" What Luke said sounded more like a suggestion than an answer.

"This... This can't happen. It's creepy." She pointed at Reggie. "Get off my bed, please."

Reggie jumped up and sat at the stool at the end of it instead.

"I'm sorry, Julie. I tried to get them out." I apologized before glaring at Luke. "It's just they never listen to me."

"Hey, Julie." Luke raised his hand. "What's in the box?"

"That's off-limits." She answered.

"Oh. Oh, okay." Luke chuckled. "Girl stuff."

Julie crossed her arms and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, like butterflies and glitter?" Reggie asked and I sighed.