seven.

CHAPTER THREE
THE MONSTER AND THE SUPERHERO
(part two)

CHAPTER THREE THE MONSTER AND THE SUPERHERO(part two)

∞༺♥༻✧

WITHOUT ANY HESITATION, the group immediately drove over to the scene.

It really could've been anything, but the one assumption at the top of everybody's head was that Vecna struck again.

The drive was no longer than 5 minutes, which led to a small talk being made in the backseats with Dustin and Soleil.

Soleil fiddled with her fingers, trying to get a crack out of one. "Do you think they'll end up finding Eddie?"

You could tell from her voice, that she was filled up with all sorts of concern. But the look on her face remained as if it was just a simple question, no worry behind it.

Dustin let out a sigh as he fixed the adjustment of his hat. "I mean, who knows? Let's hope not."

He shook his head at the thought of their plan going wrong. As much as everybody at Hawkins High thought that Eddie Munson was nothing but a freak, he was one of the few people that made Dustin not feel like one at all. Eddie understood Dustin in a way that many others couldn't.

As for Soleil, she didn't even want to take a step closer to thinking what would happen if their plan went to shit. After all these years of being ignored and basically hated by the boy, she knows deep down that something happening to him would hurt her. Badly.

And as complicated as it sounds, Soleil hated the way that Eddie hated her. Because she wasn't able to show that she cared anymore.

But then again, maybe all of this " hatred" was really just the two trying to shove down their true feelings. Who knows?

Besides, Soleil was still confused about what Dustin said in the boathouse earlier. The snowball dance? Eighth grade? She had so many questions that she wanted to ask Eddie.

Silence fell amongst everybody as they were getting closer to the scene.

As Soleil looked out the window, observing whatever was around her, a throbbing sensation that felt like her head was tightening flashed right through her.

In response to the pain, she squeezed her eyes shut and shot her hand up to her head, rubbing on it.

Steve who was watching her through the rear-viewed mirror, was quick to ask if she was okay. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Soleil said, almost brusquely. She didn't know what else to say, as she tried not to put any more concern on anyone. She tried hurrying past the feeling when Steve had pulled up to the trailer park.