Eddie Munson ~ A Well Deserved Apology

Começar do início

"Hey, baby!" You said when you finally reached the van.

"Hey, babe."

Eddie's lackluster greeting would normally be a red flag, but you were so blinded by your eagerness to head out that you didn't even realize something was wrong.

"Are you ready?" You asked as you opened the passenger side door to toss your bag onto the seat. But when the door swung open, you saw that Eddie hadn't cleaned the van at all. There were still crumpled up fast-food wrappers, and Dr. Pepper cans tossed all over the place. Your forehead creased as you leaned in a little further and noticed that he didn't have an overnight bag. You stepped back and looked at Eddie.

"W-what's going on? Where's your bag? And why isn't the van clean?"

Your eyes flitted back and forth between the inside of the vehicle and Eddie. He sighed and dropped his stare to the asphalt between you.

"Y/N."

You could feel the panic starting to rise inside of you.

"Did you forget?" You asked, eyes growing wilder by the second. "I don't know how you could've forgotten. It's Freestyle. Kind of hard to forget. But that's okay. If we hurry, we can still swing by your place and get your stuff."

The words fell out of your mouth like vomit. You knew you were rambling, but you couldn't help the terrible sense of impending doom. Eddie finally raised his eyes to meet yours, and it felt like you had been punched in the gut. They held sympathy and pity where they should have held joy and excitement.

"I didn't forget, baby."

"Then what's going on?"

Your heart was hammering in your chest. As hard as you tried, you couldn't seem to control the awful thoughts that were running rampant in your mind. Eddie's fidgety fingers moved from his wristwatch to the hem of his Hellfire shirt. Then, his eyes started staring at everything but you.

"I haven't finished the campaign yet."

"Okay," you said, dragging out the word.

"And the boys," he ran a hand through his hair, "they want to finish it."

Your eyes narrowed.

"Uh-huh."

The statement seemed so obvious. Of course, they wanted to finish the campaign. They finished every campaign. You just couldn't figure out why it was so important at the moment when the two of you should have been in the van driving to the concert. Eddie suddenly stopped messing with his shirt and raised his eyes to meet yours again.

"Tonight."

The one word was like a slap to the face. Your stomach started to roll with anger and annoyance and your fists clenched by your sides.

"But tonight is the Freestyle concert," you said through gritted teeth.

"I know."

You could feel your face growing warm as your blood pressure slowly started to rise.

"So, tell them you can't do it tonight. Tell them you already have plans."

Eddie was plucking at his hair. You knew that he was nervous. And you also knew what he was going to say. Even though you hoped he would prove you wrong, he bit his lower lip for a second and, when he released it, said, "I can't."