Chapter 1 - Are you sure you want that?

“Mum, i’m going out!” The 20 year old lad peaked his head in the living room to tell his mother that he would be missing for some time.

“Okay honey! Just be careful” she smiled “And be back for dinner”

Zayn nodded, grabbed his jacket and went out. He thought about hanging out with his friends, but he felt like spending some alone time. Maybe he should go and get some new paint brushes, pencils and other painting utensils?

He left his house, shutting the rest of the world out as he put his earphones in his ears, and played his ‘Soft Music’ play list. He didn’t look around; He just stared in front of his feet, watching his steps. He was uninterested for everything else, except what made him instantly feel better. That was music and art. He felt like he could express his feelings through singing and painting!

He loved being in art university, mostly because everyone there was like him, different and special in their own way. Some of them were really outgoing, and others liked to keep to themselves just like Zayn did and still nobody teased the other about that. You just had to be yourself.

But it was winter break now, and he had returned fromLondonto his hometownBradfordfor three weeks. He had three more weeks to stay before he left toLondonagain. He missed his family, but he preferred to live on his own.

Zayn finally reached the store he usually byes his painting stuff at, but something else caught his eye. Just across the street there was this small gallery in front of which stood a big sign ‘Buy art, for a better future for the children’

Zayn curiously walked over to it, and read the rest of the description. It said that a group of art students were selling their work such as paintings and photography to raise a charity fund, which they would donate to an orphanage.

Zayn didn’t hesitate and went in. He looked at the art pieces, and he nodded in approval when he saw all the work. It was all very nicely done, and he somehow wished that he had known about this earlier, so he could bring some of his best works as well.

He was in the photography section, staring closely at a few landscape photographs but that wasn’t really his thing. He was more into portraits and still life stuff. He looked at the signs that showed where the paintings were, and he made his way there.

He was surprised to see all the people and paintings there. He walked around the gallery for around an hour, inspecting every painting closely when he stopped in front of a beautiful person.

The bad thing was that, the person wasn’t real. He was just painted in one of the tableaus that were hanging from the wall. The good thing was that Zayn wouldn’t make a fool of himself gawking at an actual person, like he was doing now.

Zayn couldn’t stop staring at the painting, or more likely at the boy it was portraying.

He had silky, curly hair that was pushed to the right, forest green eyes looked like they were staring deep into your soul and had this special glint in them that just drove Zayn crazy. His nose was just the perfect shape for his face, and his full lips were slightly parted.