xvi. THE AFTERMATH

Start from the beginning

     Eddie had gotten you to start listening to the metal bands he liked, and in return he had started listening to your type of music. Your eyes jerked to the door when you heard it creak open, watching as Eddie entered, grinning when he saw you reading Whoopi Goldberg's interview in the magazine.

     "Have we seen 'The Color Purple?' It sounds good, I think we should see it if we haven't already," you said, smiling as Eddie sat down across from you.

     "Mhm. Hi," he smiled in return, taking the magazine and flipping through the pages.

      "Hey, I was reading that!" you whine, a pout forming on your face as he continued to search the magazine, presumably for something music related.

     "You were?!" Eddie teased, placing the magazine back down onto the table. At that point you didn't want to read anymore, Eddie's company was better.

     Things went quiet between the two of you. Eddie had an unreadable expression on his face, he looked like he wanted to speak but you weren't sure.

     "Did I ever say thank you?" he broke the silence with the question.

     "For what?" you asked, unsure of what he was referring to.

     "For saving my life. I dunno, sometimes I feel like I ran away again. Like, by surviving and coming to New York, I was just running away. But I think I would've been more of a coward if I had died and left you and Dustin to possibly die, too. I mean, I don't know, I just feel a little selfish about it sometimes," Eddie admit.

     You sighed, placing your hand on top of Eddie's before speaking, "I'm glad you survived, Eddie. It was the bravest thing you could've done. And, I don't know how many times I have to say it till you believe me but you truly are a hero. You were the entire time, running or not, it doesn't matter. It never did. You're a hero, to the core. Always have been, always will be."

     "Let me make it up to you," Eddie smiled, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

     You quirked your brow, curious as to what he had in mind, "I'm nervous," you admit.

     "Y/n the Beautiful, are you ready for fourth base?" Eddie exclaimed. You looked up at him in awe and adoration as he removed his shirt and revealed his tattoos to you. Slowly, he approached you, allowing you to get a better view of his ink adorned skin.

     Your hand dragged down his right arm which had three tattoos. The first one you noticed, one that you had seen before, was the bats. Moving your hand slightly to the inside of his arm, was what looked like a puppet on strings, or, a puppet master. Then, on the upper-outside of the same arm, was what looked like a dragon. "What's this one?" you asked, your fingers dancing over the ink.

"It's a wyvern," he replied. You nodded your head even though you had no clue what that meant.

Your eyes flitted up to his chest. Right below his collarbone sat a tattoo of a black widow, and below that one was a zombie-looking demon.

     All of the tattoos suited Eddie perfectly. You found it a little ironic how they all perfectly predicted the events of the terrors that occurred two months ago.

You met his eyes, they were urging you to say something, to admire him, to admit your true feelings for him.

"So...?" he spoke with a sultry tone, which only made your want for him grow.

"Yeah, they're nice. They're very, very nice," you replied, your mouth felt dry as your gaze moved from his eyes down to his lips.

He tsked you, "Come on, princess, I thought after all this time together you'd learn to be honest with me. Tell me honestly what you think of the tattoos."