𝟎𝟎𝟏.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃'𝐕𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑 paradise on earth. The way the sun shone through each of the large, white-painted windows. How the air smelled so fresh and salty early in the morning, before any of the other residents had awaken for their day. The white sand that always seemed to make it's way back to the house in all the hidden places. 

That was what Remi loved so much about her summers there. They were simple and happy. Cousin's felt more like a home than Atlanta did. Atlanta didn't have the beach, or the ocean, or the house. The beautiful house that never changed no matter how much she did in her time away from it. The walls were the same pale blue colour and the wood was still carved with each of the kids initials; something they all did when they were between six and nine years old. 

Remi had decided to come seperate from the rest of her family that year, ignoring her mother's greivences in exchange for some peace and quiet. It wasn't something she got often in the Coven house. She wanted to enjoy her last few moments alone before the chaos that was her summer family would rain down on her. 

Luckily for her, the engine to her 1970 Ford Bronco had began to sputter right as she pulled into the Fisher's driveway.

She slammed her palm down onto the steering wheel, cursing under her breath. "Piece of shit, come on." As if it would actually listen to her. The old thing had been giving her trouble ever since she got it last year for her sixteenth birthday. 

A sympathetic face stared at her from the front porch. Conrad Fisher crossed his arms and leaned up against the awning post. A smirk tugged at his lips when Remi lifted up her middle finger, a big grin on her face. Her horn blared through the quiet summer air, startling some nearby birds into fleeing their tree. 

Hopping out of the truck she hollered, "You just gonna stand there and look pretty or are you gonna help me push this stupid thing?"

Conrad shrugged. "You're the one that's been working out, I think you've got this pretty much covered."

Remi laughed and jogged over to him, throwing her arms around his shoulders. "Don't be a smartass."

"Me? A smartass? Never." His arms snaked around her waist, tugging her up and closer into his chest.

They both sighed into the hug, realizing just how long it had been since the last time they had seen each other in person. Remi had visited him at Stanford over Thanksgiving break.