xv. THE MOST METAL

Start from the beginning

The three of you all let out a yell as you took turns stabbing the little bastard.

"Die! Die!" Dustin screamed.

Out of the corner of your eye, you watched as Eddie stopped backed away. "Eddie, we need you!" you shouted, practically begging for him to get back into position and to stab away.

"Get out of the way! Get out of the way!" he ordered. Both you and Dustin moved out of the way and watched as he placed a chair down beneath the hole. He stood up on it and slammed the trash lid covered in nails into the ceiling, properly blocking the bat from getting in. "Holy shit. Holy shit," he let out breathily, looking down at you and Dustin.

"Nice," Dustin panted, earning a nod from you.

"Thanks," Eddie sighed, high-fiving the two of you.

"Are there any other vents?" you questioned.

"Oh, shit," Eddie sighed, jumping off of the chair. He grabbed his spear and ran into his room, you and Dustin repeating his actions. As soon as you made it in, the bats burst through the vent. Eddie shoved you and Dustin out of the room, he followed you out, slamming the door behind him. The swarm was making quick work of the door as Eddie backed up, forcing you and Dustin to do the same. Eddie picked up one of the trash lids that was on the ground.

"It's not gonna hold!" you screamed, a sense of urgency and desperation in your voice.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Eddie shouted.

At his words, Dustin began to climb up the sheets to the other side. "Come on, quickly!" Eddie urged.

You were halfway up the rope, watching as Eddie began to make his way up, too. You didn't continue climbing, wanting to make sure Eddie got through with you. You had your hand reached out for him when you noticed that he had stopped climbing, his gaze distant as he stared at the door which was about to be demolished by the bats. You could hear Dustin shouting for the two of you to hurry up and climb over, but if Eddie was going to play the hero card, so were you. You knew the feeling of helplessness was eating Eddie alive. You didn't want him to feel that way anymore, but you weren't going to let him die trying to overcome it. There was a small sense of hope that Eddie would come to his senses and climb over with you, but when you watched him step off the rope, that spark of hope quickly simmered away.

"Y/n, you go. You keep climbing, you- you stay with Dustin. Keep him safe. Keep yourself safe," he demanded. You shook your head, tears threatening to spill from your eyes, looking up at Dustin's terrified face before looking down at Eddie. You climbed up the rope but you hadn't jumped down onto the matters yet. Your hands tightly grasped on to the rim of the gate. Everything but your fingertips were in the normal dimension. You watched as despite Dustin's pleads, Eddie jumped off of the rope. Eddie proceeded to pick up his spear and cut the rope, he then shoved the mattress out of the way.

He looked up at you, you knew in that moment that Eddie was positive you wouldn't be stupid enough to follow him. But what he didn't know is that over the past few weeks, you had truly and utterly fallen in love with him. You were willing to follow him to the ends of the earth, and that's just what you were planning on doing. You watched as he gave you a sympathetic look before running off.

You pulled yourself up and back into the Upside Down, the drop was painful, but it was nothing more than falling out of a pyramid, it certainly wasn't anything you couldn't handle. Dustin began shouting after you, and just like Eddie, you ignored his pleas.
There were no bats left in the trailer. And that's when you realized that they were all after Eddie. You quickly sped outside, sprinting towards him and the army of bats. Eddie was gaining speed as he rode on his bike, and for a moment, you thought there was a chance he would make it out spotless. That was, until he was knocked off of the bike.