Chapter 01 - Streets of Gold

Hello, everyone! Welcome to my first Elden Ring fanfiction! I tried to make it in a structure that would be similar to the game itself. Like our character and NPC's had really come to life, but still within the universe of the game (If you watched "Free Guy," you know what I mean :). I tried to make the lore as accurate as possible, leaving just a few spaces to the already expected and accepted speculation when it comes to Fromsoftware games. I hope you have fun and without further ado, have a great journey!

This story is also available in Portuguese-BR! (https://www.wattpad.com/story/315711541-era-do-ouro-puro)

*******

Awaking at the Haligtree Roots Site of Grace again, the knight gave a deep breath. This time would be the time; he was sure of it. Unlike his previous attempts, unlike the times he thought it would work, although deep in his heart, he knew it would not.

Even the atmosphere felt different this time, the air. Everything seemed peaceful. Of course, he could not let his guard down. After all, his efforts and this opportunity from the gods could go down the drain if he acted carelessly. He could not afford it and absolutely would not let it happen.

The knight was ready, at least. Beast Crest Heater Shield was equipped at his back, the heavy Zweihänder greatsword was being held with his two hands, talismans hanging in a golden necklace, and Godslayer's Seal, a catalyst for incantations, was within reach if he needed it.

From now on, it would only depend on his skills and ability to go along with the fight. He walked slowly through the golden hallway until traversing the yellowish fog that hid his destiny.

There was no going back now.

With calm and firm steps, he kept going forth, taking his time to observe that place for one more time. He was at the massive roots of Miquella's Haligtree. A minor Erdtree in the process of growing into one, tented by Miquella, the Young Empyrean, watered with his own blood.

That enclosed space surrounded by roots had an opening, a natural skylight, from which the sun could illuminate, especially the empty space where Miquella used to be. In front of it, there was a pond with clean waters, surrounded by a bed of assorted white lilies.

A cool breeze blew in there, brushing the golden leaves away and quietly shaking the flowers. Everything seemed beautiful in its own way, and he could not avoid being still intimidated by that place despite "visiting" hundreds of times.

Especially when his gaze fell upon the remarkable being resting calmly at the foot of the tree. The demigod was asleep, seated on her wooden chair that resembled a throne.

Her head was leaning towards the tree while her arm was lying calmingly and compassionately at the foot of the husk. The breeze blew against her golden-winged helmet and prosthetic arm, both made of unalloyed gold, as though it indicated his arrival.

"I dreamt for so long...." She murmured as she stood up from the chair, then kneeling to grab her prosthetic arm. "My flesh was dull gold... And my blood, rotted. Corpse after corpse left in my wake." She positioned her prosthetic arm close to the support on her shoulder and, with a strong push, attached it to it. "As I awaited for his return...."

She gracefully reached for her helmet, putting it on as she stood up at full height. Her wavy red hair was floating like elegant flames, combined with a dark red cloak with the Haligtree's golden crest embroidered.

Both would contrast beautifully with her brown light armor piece and her massive and legendary katana-like sword built into her prosthetic arm. Its length could easily match her own height. Through consecration, her prosthetics were resistant to rot and symbolized her victories.